Heart Dish

What are you charging for candle made in the heart dish from Wal Mart? It holds a full lb of wax. The price that I am coming up with seems sorta high :undecided but I don't want to give it away. My figure for making it comes to 4.95. What are suggestions for selling it at icon5.gif

What wax are you folks using for these? I did some last year using gel and embeds with the heart-shaped crusts. No notes on this--bad about loose paper and then losing--but I'm sure my cost was more than $5. I only did 3 or 4 for gifts.

Thanks - after seeing some for 10.00 and some for 12.00, would love the 20.00 but don't think that will fly around here, I decided to hit the middle with 11.00. My friend at gift shop said valentine was not a big thing for her, this is a very small town so not sure what it will do. We hav to try don't we!

:thumbsup:

Mine are crazily overpriced, but they fly off the shelf for me at $20 each...I don't know what I was thinking when I first priced them, but at Christmas and Valentine's Day, I can barely keep them in stock!

Wow!!

I was at $12 too I believe. I did mine plain in solid red, solid white, and solid pink, three scents.

I've made a couple of these to test and finally got them wicked. Now, how did you package yours? I think I will shrink wrap mine and then use glittery tulle with a pretty silver bow. I used three scents that I already had in stock and renamed them:Strawberry Jam - Sweet on YouSugar Cookie - Sugar BabyCountry Berry Hotcakes - Berry in LoveWhat scents did you use?Tammy

I made several variations of these last year mainly for gifts. I was offered $20 each for them so I sold a few. The pic on the right is the same candle but in a bakery box. I scented this in Strawberries & Champagne. The crust was scented in whipped cream. Weighed a ton.

post-3980-139458417057_thumb.jpg

post-3980-139458417059_thumb.jpg

I love the heart shape dishes. I charge 12.00 and sell out. I didn't want to leave them unsealed, so I found that Reynolds Wrap is real stretchy and you can pull it across and stretch it tight all the way around. Then snip the edge off. It looks very professional. Just thought I would add that. I haven't tried embeds but think I will add those this year. I also make special labels and cut them out in the shape of the heart to put on top. Cute.