Tea Light Wicks

So I have probably gone through a million of the little things but I am not happy lately. Seems that something has changed that I can not pin point other then the wicks themselves. So I am looking for a different type of wick to start using.

What is your favorite wick to use in a tea light and were do you purchase them from?

Thanks for your input. :highfive:

Isn't the neck too tall for tealights? I've tried a lot of wicks too and they all seem to leave too much wax on the bottom. The store bought ones work perfect, I've never seen a tab so small on a wick, can't figure out what they use. But I'm having the same problem.

I read on here that a lot of ppl like the CD-3 in parafin. Tried it, and didn't work for me. I'd like to know what you guys currently use too. (Sorry, kinda hijacked there for a minute!)

So I have probably gone through a million of the little things but I am not happy lately. Seems that something has changed that I can not pin point other then the wicks themselves. So I am looking for a different type of wick to start using.

What is your favorite wick to use in a tea light and were do you purchase them from?

Thanks for your input. :highfive:

Where were you getting your tealight wicks from?? I had a lot of problems with the Candlewic ones. For some reason, they changed and they wouldn't stay lit. Of course, when I emailed them about it months back, they said that their's worked fine. How convienant. So I just quit carrying tea-lights cause they were a pain in the butt anyways!

I bought the 3mm tabs just for tealights. They burn all the way down for me.

I don't sell tealights. I only make them for freebies. I have a 9-cavity mold and when I'm pouring votives, I pour some tealights. If I can't get them wicked right, they become melts for me!

I bought the 3mm tabs just for tealights. They burn all the way down for me.

I don't sell tealights. I only make them for freebies. I have a 9-cavity mold and when I'm pouring votives, I pour some tealights. If I can't get them wicked right, they become melts for me!

I have been getting mine from BCS. Were do you get your 3mm tabs from, sounds small enough and I would sure be willing to make my own wicks.

I don't want to drop my tea lights because I sell the heck out of them. I just don't want to sell something that is not a top notch project.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread today, so if your curious I use 100% soy and i use htp 31 wicks (called tealight wicks) from southern scentsations, so far it has worked with every scent I use and I cant keep tealights in stock. this combo ,for me, gives off a a great scent throw. I use some of her oils too. Check em out if your still having a problem , great customer service. I hated tealights before using that combo and now its the easiest I make..thought Id share my findings :rolleyes2hth

Where were you getting your tealight wicks from?? I had a lot of problems with the Candlewic ones. For some reason, they changed and they wouldn't stay lit. Of course, when I emailed them about it months back, they said that their's worked fine. How convienant. So I just quit carrying tea-lights cause they were a pain in the butt anyways!

I had the same problem with some of my scents (a lot of my scents) when I used the wicks I got from Candlewic. I ordered a bunch of different sizes from Candle Science, and those worked fine for the ones that I couldn't get to stay lit with a Candlewic wick.

Just a side note - when I first ordered from Candle Science, I ordered 100 of each of the 7 sizes. The ones I use most frequently are the 25,28,and 31. The smaller sizes just didn't work at all for my para/soy blend. Just thought I would throw that in there incase someone didn't want to buy all 7 sizes.