Patchouli

MaryinCary

Why are you sending him back? Give him another chance! I just poured a bunch of pillars that all had pin holes (too hot) and looked bad. I also had some rustics that lost too much frost.

I saved them all with Donita's crackle method. Bring a pot of water to a boil. If you have a tall pour pot, they work well. Dip the pillar in the hot water a few times, then plunge into a pitcher filled with water and lots of ice. It's a great technique for hiding blemishes.

e

Why are you sending him back? Give him another chance! I just poured a bunch of pillars that all had pin holes (too hot) and looked bad. I also had some rustics that lost too much frost.

I saved them all with Donita's crackle method. Bring a pot of water to a boil. If you have a tall pour pot, they work well. Dip the pillar in the hot water a few times, then plunge into a pitcher filled with water and lots of ice. It's a great technique for hiding blemishes.

e

Hmmm...might just have to try that. What can it hurt! LOL That poor ugly thing! Thanks E (and Donita) :highfive:

Man oh man. So the tall one ain't like the otheres. WHO CARES????I think they ALL look good, damn, they look like they could be hand made, whatya know about that?

Rofl...

looks like I have a couple of votes to keep the underdog! We'll see. I'll try to revive this beast like Donita & E do. Will post results later on.

Murrayhill....if you still like this bad boy after I do my experiment with the hot/cold treatment....it's all yours! :highfive:

We all tend to be hard on ourselves if something doesn't work the way we think it should.....the customers don't know that....maybe you made it that way on purpose and someone will fall in love with it. Please don't remelt.....I vote for saving the beautiful big guy....or gal....whatever....Donita

We all tend to be hard on ourselves if something doesn't work the way we think it should.....the customers don't know that....maybe you made it that way on purpose and someone will fall in love with it. Please don't remelt.....I vote for saving the beautiful big guy....or gal....whatever....Donita

I think your right Donita....what is junk to one person is a treasure to another. I'm going to try your crackle finish on this one! Will post results later! :highfive:

Thanks again everyone! :)

No, don't presto it, crackle it!

There's no doubt those other two are .... I lack the words to express how awesome your rustics are ... Queen Mary of the Rustics. :cool2:

That sure is a nice thought but, I'm afraid I'm standing at the end of a very long line of Rustic Queens. Ange, Elizabeth, Eugenia, Fern, Scented, Tanya (notice that list is alphabetical)-LOL.....the list goes on and on....but thank you for the encouragement Mtngrl :highfive: