First experiments with water candles

cybersix

Thanks Snow!

You don't really need much to try. I used some scrap wax, a plastic dish and a big container for the water. I only forgot to cover the pavement and I splashed a bit of wax and water here and there. No serious damage tho!!!

Looking good! Just play with the wax and stop every now and then when you are dunking in the water... then dunk it an inch real quick and wait again, makes some neat peaks.

I always use one color or clear and another color so I can just remelt it and reuse the wax. Good way to practice making them until you learn how the wax works under water. I made a black and clear.. which the clear looks white and those 2 colors jump out at you but i messed up the shape so its melted back down.

Keep dunking !

Bruce

Looking good! Just play with the wax and stop every now and then when you are dunking in the water... then dunk it an inch real quick and wait again, makes some neat peaks.

I always use one color or clear and another color so I can just remelt it and reuse the wax. Good way to practice making them until you learn how the wax works under water. I made a black and clear.. which the clear looks white and those 2 colors jump out at you but i messed up the shape so its melted back down.

Keep dunking !

Bruce

:D

Hi Bru, I'll do what you are saying! Now that I know I can manage wax and water in my kitchen no one can stop me HIHIHIHI

I loved your black water candle but it's too big for my water bucket!

I can't go big like that but sure will continue to practice.

:D

Hi Bru, I'll do what you are saying! Now that I know I can manage wax and water in my kitchen no one can stop me HIHIHIHI

I loved your black water candle but it's too big for my water bucket!

I can't go big like that but sure will continue to practice.

I almost drown myself dunking that big black one in the water bucket... and I CANT SWIM. :D My chin was touching the water but i got my arm pits washed for free!

Bruce

Oooh I love to see things that come from when people play. More, more, more. Won't catch me doing this because I don't have the room, but I've always wanted to try.

Hey you can try even in a little room!

The things you were looking at are not so big, it's a 2" x 5" pillar in a 5" diameter plastic dish.

Come on, I know you can do it!

Thanks for your comment!

Sabrina....those look great. I think they are fun to make and the larger the water bucket the better. I use one of my Weck canners. It broke so I cut off the cord and have a large stainless tub. It's 15 inches in diameter. Some people use plastic garbage cans. I haven't made them for awhile but when I sold them I put them in a box so the customers could carry them easily. Good job...make some more. Hugs, Bis Sister, Donita (meow)

I almost drown myself dunking that big black one in the water bucket... and I CANT SWIM. :D My chin was touching the water but i got my arm pits washed for free!

Bruce

:cool: I knew that a candlemaker's life is really dangerous!

But if we don't know where you are we know to look for you in a water bucket

Sabrina....those look great. I think they are fun to make and the larger the water bucket the better. I use one of my Weck canners. It broke so I cut off the cord and have a large stainless tub. It's 15 inches in diameter. Some people use plastic garbage cans. I haven't made them for awhile but when I sold them I put them in a box so the customers could carry them easily. Good job...make some more. Hugs, Bis Sister, Donita (meow)

Hi Donita, thank you very much you are always so sweet!

Sure I will do more, it's been a lot of fun!

Hugs

They look great, I really like the hint of color in the second one. I tried it several months ago just to play but I guess I wasn't dunking it right because most of the wax stayed really close to the plate with very tiny wisps going up a little, don't know if I was dunking to slow or what. Just might have give it another go after seeing yours. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Donna

I think it looks really cool and makes me want to try it.

But- lol- oh how i hate saying 'but'.....

-- can I just say- maybe it's because someone just sent me an email with pictures of what happens when you hit a deer at 70mph... and i'm so unhappy with this person, lol:undecided - but something about the red added in bits like that just reaches out to that morbid side of me. Is it just me? I'm thinking this would be a totally awesome halloween candle!!!!