Newby!!

:yay: Hello to all! I am so happy that I have found your wonderful community!! I have read over many post and threads and I am still curious! There are so many things that one must know to begin candle making. Is there any particular candle that is best to start with or should I just dive right in and begin pouring? Thanks for you in put!:highfive:

Start with a tart!

I thought they would be a brainless exercise and am finding out there is a lot to learn even at that level. So before wandering into the realm of wicks and all that, start with a tart!

I ordered a container candle kit but am holding off a bit till I get the tart thing figured out more - one thing at a time!

See, now, I disagree. I say start with the candle you like most. I started right in with containers. Sure, it was more work than a tart, but it's what I most wanted to make. If you're not that interested in tarts, making what you're most interested in might be more motivating. There are kits for just about anything, so find one that appeals to you and go for it!

By the way...Welcome!

I agree with Accents. Try what interests you most. If you don't burn tarts you may not like making them. Although I do agree somewhat with the others that are suggesting tarts because there is alot of frustrating aspects to making candles.

Welcome and good luck.

I think you should start with what you want. I started with containers and went from there. The only advice I can give you is keep you scents limited and don't spread yourself out too thin. That is what I did and I had to spend more money on scents and didn't have enough to order other new things to try.

Welcome to the board and good luck! :yay:

Amy

When I first started, I started w/ tarts because to me they were easier (no wick) and I burn them often..if you don't use tarts, I would start with votives and work your way up to jars. But heck..if you want to start on jars first it's your choice..I'm just letting ya know what I did :) Good Luck!!!!

I agree with everyone else. If it is containers that interest you, then order a starter kit. Then read up on the supplies that came with the kit. If it came with J223 or with some sort of soy or any other container wax, then read up on the wick suggestions. More than likely the kit will come with some wicks that are pretty close to working. Pretty much nothing was more satisfying to me than when I created my first good burning, good smelling candle. BTW, I started with pillars, probably the most difficult. Good luck and be prepared for your bank account to dwindle. This is probably the most addicting, most frustrating, yet most rewarding, venture I have ever done. AND most expensive. Keep us posted.