~SOLAS~ Rave Reviews!!!

firegirl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn you Scented.. you are the one that got me to try Solas.. I did not listen to you though.. I ordered the 1 ouncers and now.. I am happy to admit that I ordered over $100 worth of fo's today.. I got Seabreeze, Lemon Sugar, and a few other pounds that I FLIPPED over and had to have.. plus a few more to sample as well... ALL YOUR FAULT! You know you are a foho when:You forget which or how many orders you placed. You have a better line of communication with the UPS guy than your mate. You forgot exactly what fragrances you ordered, therefore you are always pleasantly surprised.. You keep buying more so you can get those frequent buyer points....okay... anyone care to add on?

Darn you Scented.. you are the one that got me to try Solas.. I did not listen to you though.. I ordered the 1 ouncers and now.. I am happy to admit that I ordered over $100 worth of fo's today.. I got Seabreeze, Lemon Sugar, and a few other pounds that I FLIPPED over and had to have.. plus a few more to sample as well... ALL YOUR FAULT!

God, I have power! :laugh2: And you ordered samples? See you still didn't listen did you? Man you're gonna pitch out another $100 LOL! And it is not my fault. :wink2:

But I might take blame if you didn't order the Brooklyn Biscotti. OMG!! The strength of this one. Tis good. No, wait. Tis VERY good. I think it's going under lock and key because it's too realistic for me and I was supposed to be on a diet. Damn, where's my water.

Welcome to the light!! Now what'd you bring for us to smell :laugh2: Glad to see there's more and more out there :D

OK Scented here goes, and it is only a start, I have lots more :D . This is not SOLAS, since I haven't tried any of those YET!, but they are good fo's :drool: for us FOHOs.

Royal Aromatics:

Eucalyptus Mint

Vanilla Sandalwood

Red Currant & Thyme

Lemongrass

Patchouli Orange

Lavender Vanilla

KY Candle Wax Supply:

Sage & Sweetgrass

Caramel Pecan

Christmas Past

Cleopatra

Fresh Cut Roses

I will add more, but have to go now and get my daughter to the oral surgeon. Lucky her, she is having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled today. :awww:

Oh AJ do share what you order.

Sure thing. Just as soon as I finish plowing through the 4,592 Solas threads here so I can narrow down the field. :laugh2:

I'm thinking so far about the Lav-Cuke-Sage, Brown Sugar & Fig, Vanilla Plum, Biscotti, Guavaberry and Elderberry. Maybe Honeysuckle for the floral lovers. ;) I tend to lean heavily towards the fruity and bakery, so I gotta branch out more. lol

God, I have power! :laugh2: And you ordered samples? See you still didn't listen did you? Man you're gonna pitch out another $100 LOL! And it is not my fault. :wink2:

But I might take blame if you didn't order the Brooklyn Biscotti. OMG!! The strength of this one. Tis good. No, wait. Tis VERY good. I think it's going under lock and key because it's too realistic for me and I was supposed to be on a diet. Damn, where's my water.

Hey Scented,

Can you describe the Brooklyn Biscotti? I couldn't find scent descriptions on the website. It sounds really good.

Thanks

Yes. LOL! You've got a great list started there AJ! Don't pass up on any of them. Oh would you like more info about the honeysuckle? LOL!

Well I ordered it, so it's a done deal. LOL But I'm wondering how well it sticks, and if it d's or a's. How did it soap up for you?

Hey Scented,

Can you describe the Brooklyn Biscotti? I couldn't find scent descriptions on the website. It sounds really good.

Thanks

To me it's like walking into a bakery or cafe where a fresh batch of bisotti has been pulled from the oven. What I get from this scent is a combination of crunch with a definite almondy note. It's every bit what a slice of biscotti should smell like -- baked almond and spices are definitely detected and will linger. Does that help you any? I could go home from work and work on it some more lol.

Well I ordered it, so it's a done deal. LOL But I'm wondering how well it sticks, and if it d's or a's. How did it soap up for you?

OK I soaped with cool temps and a slight water discount. I had no A and no D with the recipe I used. It's on maybe the fifth week of cure, should hit six weeks very soon. It's still strong and lasting.

Thanks for the description Scented! That sounds very yummy! I'm trying to match a Voluspa candle which is described as Italian lime peel with almond baked biscotti, whipped cream and ground nutmeg. Maybe I could mix a little

Lime with the Brooklyn Biscotti....??

Well you'll need some cream and nutmeg too ... oh Solas has the nutmeg lol but as for the cream ... gonna have to find that elsewhere.

The lime is not lime peel ... it is straight out lime, as in lime juice. No bitterness to it, at least not IMO. And if you don't want a pound of nutmeg ... you're probably thinking what now ... we can talk lol.

Blame it on playing the new Zelda game for like 3 hours today. :embarasse LOL

BUT HEY, at least I beat the first level! Whoot! :laugh2:

WooHoo! Glad to hear I'm not the only adult woman who is hooked. My sister and BF keep telling me I have the mind of a 12 year old boy trapped in this middle-aged female body (now what does that say about my BF?!? LOL)

ROFL! As usual, this game rocks. All the Zelda series have been outstanding. I just finished beating the temple with all the monkeys in it. DS is ticked because he only got to play like one hour today. LOL

But usually it's the other way around. I'm lucky if I get 45 min., and he hogs the Nintendo all day. :undecided LOL!

Oh yeah ... thanks for the soaping review, J! (My manners are getting rusty here. Blame it on playing the new Zelda game for like 3 hours today. :embarasse LOL)

BUT HEY, at least I beat the first level! Whoot! :laugh2:

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play Zelda!!

But noooooo.... I have to pour FO all day. LOL

So it sits in the box upstairs... TAUNTING me.... Chris.... come play.... I'm waiting. :D

It sooooooo COOL!

I fell in love with the old DOOM - my best valentine's gift ever was Nintendo 64 from my now ex-husband (got carpel tunnel syndrome from that thing).

Was on the wagon for many years, but my BF got me a wii and I fell off that wagon HARD!

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play Zelda!!

But noooooo.... I have to pour FO all day. LOL

So it sits in the box upstairs... TAUNTING me.... Chris.... come play.... I'm waiting. :D

Yeah, well I guess I'm partly to blame for that. :D When you finish pouring up my order and get it shipped, feel free to go play. :laugh2: