~SOLAS~ Rave Reviews!!!

firegirl

Okay.. you fo enablers.. first of all .. I just can't thank you enough for the great threads on Solas fragrance oils.. Man.. you guys were all right! These are hands down some of my favorite finds. Lemon Sugar.. to die for! Seabreeze .. WONDERFUL.. Mango Tea.. awesome.. Samsara... gotta get this into some soap.. very pretty..Be Delicious... wonderful..Elderberry.. very nice strong fruity scent... Kojiki.. very strong citrus smell with a twist.. very nice..Catalpa.. can't quite put my finger on this one.. very strong and really nice. A Touch of Spring.. very clean strong fragrance..Lime Basil and Mandarin.. my FAVORITE of the bunch.. and they are all so damn good!

Okay.. I am now ready to pick up the next bunch .... need some suggestions.. I would love to swap with any of you guys that would like to try:

Kojiki,Mango Tea,Elderberry, or Catalpa.... Let me know... For the record.. Chris.. you are killing me with some fantastic scents! Thank you so very much!

Teri

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only tell you that I concentrate primarily on candles, but I do make M&P soap, lotions, and linen sprays.. I will be using a few of these for candles (they are very strong).. but others will kick some butt in B&B products.. they just smell so darn good!

Deana they work in candles, B&B and most of them are easy to soap!!

Yeah a great little place to get FOs. So now to enable you further:

Try the strawberry, milk and honey, energy, guavaberry, brooklyn biscotti, lavender cucumber sage, vanilla plum (it can always be renamed lol!), be delicious, citrus splash is nice too ... what else to tell you lol! Pink Sugar is pretty good, along with lily of the valley and honeysuckle (booger strong), winter (could be renamed to spearmint), if you like drakkar (damn if you have hormone control problems, don't get this one! LMAO!) ... I will stop lol.

I have a very unhealthy addiction to these fo's, I have been known to just go and sniff . LOL Brown Sugar and Fig is really nice. I sniff the Lavender, Cucumber , Sage constantly, I will be using a lot of these for a spa line I hope to be able to offer in the spring. The prices are great also. This line of fo's is special, and will compliment my Peak's fo's very nicely.

Deana they work in candles, B&B and most of them are easy to soap!!

Yeah a great little place to get FOs. So now to enable you further:

Try the strawberry, milk and honey, energy, guavaberry, brooklyn biscotti, lavender cucumber sage, vanilla plum (it can always be renamed lol!), be delicious, citrus splash is nice too ... what else to tell you lol! Pink Sugar is pretty good, along with lily of the valley and honeysuckle (booger strong), winter (could be renamed to spearmint), if you like drakkar (damn if you have hormone control problems, don't get this one! LMAO!) ... I will stop lol.

Plus Hot Chocolate, Apple Pie, Sandalwood Rose, Lime, basil, madarin, Angel Food Cake, Blueberry Pie smells good OOB.

:tiptoe:

Would someone PLEASE post the link to SOLAS? Need to add my name to the FOHOs! :laugh2: TIA

Just have a seat and we'll introduce ourselves. In this group, we know no shame, for we are HOs lol. Please tell us about yourself and how you came to be a HO. Who scared you out of the closet?

My name is cindym yes I am an FO HO. There is no turning back. I would like to thank scented for her ability to enable without really getting caught. It is truly MALINDA WHO IS THE QUEEN OF ENABLING. SHE HAS A TALENT BAR NONE AND HER SUGGESTIONS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT ON. OH YES, I ADMIT I SAID I WOULD NEVER BUY AN FO FROM WSP HA, I PM'ED MALINDA WITH SOME SUGGESTIONS, DID SHE SAY NO I DON'T HAVE ANY, NO THE LIST WAS EXTENSIVE ROFLMAO, DID I ORDER, YES I DID, HOW DO I JUSTIFY IT FREE SHIPPING. DID I ORDER SOME DUPES FROM SOS LAST NIGHT , YES I DID. DID I ORDER FROM SCENT WORKS AGAIN DURING THE SALE YES I DID. AM I AN FO ADDICTED HO, YES I AM. A WOMAN GOT TO HAVE FO'S, COULD SOON BE A REPLACEMENT FOR , DARE I SAY IT MEN OMG DID I REALLY SAY THAT LOL

Do they ever have sample sales? They all sound so good, but the 1 oz. at $2.49 plus shipping...where they can be hit or miss in my soy, makes me hold off at least for a bit. The 16 oz. sizes are reasonable enough, but I've learned the hard way to buy samples first. Please tell me they do occasionally have a sample sale or a special sample group price. Beth

They do have sales. You just have to keep checking back on the sale page. Believe me, I keep checking. All I need is a reason to shop! When I bought my FO's I think it was .50 off 4oz bottles and 1.00 off 8oz. Something like that. Anyway, just keep checking back. I check daily! LOL

Missy

Oh poo on the last three posters lol!! J/K!!!

OK, here's my thoughts on the 1 ozers ... you will be disappointed in them because you got them and didn't get enough to do anything but what? A few tarts and votives? Bear with me here lol!

Maybe it's just me, but I need a little more than an oz to play with to get a true feel for the FO. Can't help those of you who use that finicky soy stuff ... but I know there are soy users who use Solas.

That all being said ... don't waste your money on the 1 ozers ... not saying you have to buy the lbs either ... but am saying, get you something with substance so you don't regret the fact that you have to buy again and so soon after you just spent the money ... and then what will you get? 2 ozs instead? Just my suggestion, but I would think 4 oz would give you a good idea what the FO will do in more than one thing ... like why limit yourself to tarts and votives when you could have a 3x3, 3x6 or jar or soap or lotion or bath bombs or whatever and get the true feel?

And let me clarify ... I'm not only saying this about Solas. I would say about other companies I respect.

On a side bar, if you found the scents did work for you, they tend to move quickly in the classifieds. Just my $1 worth for the day :D

And Cindy!! LMAO!! What a fun thread we could have ... a coming out of the closet about our addictions to FOs.

Just have a seat and we'll introduce ourselves. In this group, we know no shame, for we are HOs lol. Please tell us about yourself and how you came to be a HO. Who scared you out of the closet?

I have been in the FOHO "silent majority" :yay: for over 6 years now. I have probably tested over 300 fragrances in my tenor :laugh2:. I started out in candle making by being bored stiff at my Bookkeeper/Office Manager job. I worked a 40 hour week, and sat there with absolutely nothing to do for at least 25 - 30 hours a week. A couple years before I started this full time job, and while I was into the wood crafts, my Hubby suggested I try my hand at candle making since I spent tons of money buying them. At this point, I had my hands full with the wood crafts, and a child in Elementary School, so I declined the suggestion. Well, you can guess what happened while I was bored stiff at this full time job, I got on the internet and started researching candle making. I have been a FOHO ever since! Not to mention a waxHO, a colorHO, a moldHO, and every other kind of candleHO :laugh2: :laugh2:

Noone scared me "out of the closet". :D I have been peeking out around the door, but do not have a lot time to be online as much as I would like to be. I still work at the same job, but only 2 days a week now. I need the rest of the time to do what I do best...being an all out FOHO and candleHO!

Thanks Scented for making me feel right at home! :yay:

I might get an ouncer off the classifieds if I'm buying other stuff anyway, but if I'm getting from a supplier I always get 4 ounces. This gives me enough to make a 2# batch, screw it up, and try again - with some to spare. (or, if the moon is in the right phase, to make 2 great batches with some to spare).

Now that I am exploring candles I might consider more ouncers, but I doubt it...

If you don'tlike what you get, you can always sell it on the classies!!!

Hi there! Thought I'd get in on this thread to confess a SERIOUS addiction to FO. I started making candles about 6 weeks ago and have purchased more FO's than I ever even imagined were out there! Then I read about all the yummy ones mentioned here from every supplier under the sun, and I still think I need more. Help me!!!!!!! I am off to Solas to get the Sandalwood Rose, Lavender, Cucumber & Sage, Lime, Basil & Mandarin, and a few others that I have been hearing about. I will say this- they do have some incredible oils. They definately stand out from the other suppliers. I poured several before Christmas and they were so strong (Winter, Christmas Eve, Elderberry, & Frosted Snowdrops). My husband had a horrible cold and absolutely lovvvvvved the Frosted Snowdrops! It's his new favorite. Anyway, glad to know I am in good company here.:wink2:

Ooooo someone else comes out of the closet! Good to have you out in the open!! We can't stop you on your purchases. We have those kind of habits ourselves, but we're always up to hearing about what another gets, just in case we happened to have missed it in our spending spree ;)