My third pour ever!

StickyWick

I posted this in a General Discussion thread that I started, but wanted to get a lot of input on this. As you can see I still have some bubbles just at the top corner there. Not sure about those.

I am using general paraffin, no additives, wax dye color. I heated the was to 195 in the pouring pot and went straight to the mold. I also poked air holes during the setting time, and used the water bath method of cooling.

I think that will answer everyones questions. If not, ask away. Oh, the candle size is 4.5" X 2.75".

ThirdCandle.jpg

I said it there and will say it here ... gorgeous color of blue! Bubbles are barely noticeable. Keep working at it and they'll disappear completely. Still trying to think of why only on the rim you'd have them and nowhere else.

I am not using a seamless mold, so there is a solder line right where the bubbles are. I wonder if that could have something to do with it?

I am not using a seamless mold, so there is a solder line right where the bubbles are. I wonder if that could have something to do with it?

No. I have the same kind of molds too. I don't get them when I use that kind of mold. I use regular paraffin. I wonder though if some of your mold release might be a culprit in this instance.

You would see those pups! You might gently take like a chopstick and run it around that seam and see if anything tiny comes to the surface too.

What are you washing the mold with? I have never "washed" a mold.....I use silicone, odorless mineral oil ...and cooking spray.....but.....as a member of CT you will find that experiments are the existence of our lives......Really.........every wax, mold, temp, wick, fragrance oil, etc....has it's own personality and we have to check it out on every thing we do...cost a lot of money and takes a lot of time, but if you are serious about making candles...wecome to the club. Donita

I am not using any mold release. I wash the mold and dry it completely before I start the prep and melting.

Pretty candle!

You do NOT want to wash your molds. Keep them far away from water. Put the mold upside down on a paper towel lined cookie sheet at 175 degrees and wipe it out with a paper towel (and gloves) after all the wax has melted.