Stars going nuts over Soy Candles

MysticalMomma

Nah, Grumpy will make Oprah's list in a few years with a parasoy blend. :D

That article is wrong on so many levels. I just can't even begin.

OK - I make soy and veggie wax candles and I don't even agree with that article! The way that I market them isn't the same as the "average" soy candle because I don't go after the "clean burn" market (at least now after I've done even more research - still having to change my web page though!). I have had many quality para candles that don't leave soot anywhere and I've had soy candles that sooted up so bad I quit burning them! It's all in the quality of the candle and the intellegence of the candle consumer. If I do use a "marketing tool", it's that soy wax is a replenishable wax - but even that is misleading because they use para products to refine the soy wax/meal/oil and whatever else (much to the disappointment to my vegan friends!). I also don't say mine are 100% natural either because I use FO, color and a UV stablilzer - these are not natural! It irritates me to no end when people have their Blueberry Cobbler soy candle say 100% natural on it!! If you use FO, it's not natural!!!! OK - I better stop now before I totally lose it! lol

All I have to say is I wish I could get that kind of money for my candles! Maybe I should start sending some to some popular people.... :D

Life & Light!

Tish