EZ Wick Setter

I got mine before they came out with the multi-wicking one, so mine only does one wick, but I do love it. It really is a time saver for me cause I would always have to eyeball the center of my container very carefully before setting my wick. This takes the work out of trying to center the wick.

I have had this on my wish list for a while now. I was sort of waiting for some reviews. I think I'm finally learning not to run out an buy everything I see that I want. :)

I currently use hi-temp glue in a melt pot. I'm guessing that I'll have to switch to wick stickers with this?

Georgia,

I use silicone on the wicks. I just put the wick in the wicksetter, take a popsickle stick and get a little silicon on it (which I squirt out a little pile on my table) put that on my wick tab, then wick my jar... Maybe you can try that with the glue... HTH

It really only takes a few seconds to do...

:P I like these new smiley people!!!

I've been wanting to buy one of these forever but never wanted to give up the money. I have 4 cases of container candles that have to be double wicked so I may break down and get the double wick tool.

I do buy their other wick centering tools and have for a couple of years. I love them and use them on many of my molds. I've also shipped funny shaped molds directly to them, they made wick centering tools for me and then shipped my molds and the tools back. That's great customer service right there (they made the tools for my cinnamon bun molds, a silicone mold that makes 4 grubby votives, my pumpkin silicone mold, my rose silicone mold and several other molds). That's not counting buying the standard 3", 4" and 6" 3-wick centering tools. They're a life saver to me.

DanaE

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to play the devils advocate here but I think it depends on the volume you pour as to whether or not they are worth it. I bought one and think it is a cool idea...It does work...but honestly, by the time I get it out, set it, and thread the wick through it, I could have already wicked 20 jars. LOL So, most of the time it just stays in the box labeled " another gadget I just HAD to have"...and go back to my usual old way. I use the zinc wicks, which make it so easy.

I have not tried the tool with a "limp" wick. That may make a difference.

Michael

The Dallas Dean

I don't know, mine helps me get more done faster. Of course, this could be because I used to spend time centering each wick, and this does it for me. So for the hopeless perfectionists, this may be a good investment, lol.

I hate to play the devils advocate here but I think it depends on the volume you pour as to whether or not they are worth it.

True, it's a little chunk of change. I don't pour a whole lot of candles yet, but with this tool, I wick my jars in about 1/4 of the time than doing it by myself. Before, I would set it on a template I made, and slowly try to place them in the correct spot. Now I just stick it in, push down & voila. So to me, it makes it worth it...time is very valuable.

I hate to play the devils advocate here but I think it depends on the volume you pour as to whether or not they are worth it. I bought one and think it is a cool idea...It does work...but honestly, by the time I get it out, set it, and thread the wick through it, I could have already wicked 20 jars. LOL So, most of the time it just stays in the box labeled " another gadget I just HAD to have"...and go back to my usual old way. I use the zinc wicks, which make it so easy.

I have not tried the tool with a "limp" wick. That may make a difference.

Michael

The Dallas Dean

I have to disagree with you on that one, this tool helps me get my jars wicked in 1/4 of the time I spent previously. I don't like the multi wicker as much as the single, mine tends to 'stick' and not move as freely as the single wicker. Maybe I got a bad one. Other than that, I love these tools. Have had the single wicker for a year of so.

I also think it would depend on if you need volum fast like making up candles for a big show or fund raiser.

I think they'd be well worth the investment of twenty dollars for the sigle wicker + shipping. that really not too bad a price. I want to get one but things are getting hectic around here. I hope to get on in a few weeks.:yes:

I also think it would depend on if you need volum fast like making up candles for a big show or fund raiser.

I think they'd be well worth the investment of twenty dollars for the sigle wicker + shipping. that really not too bad a price. I want to get one but things are getting hectic around here. I hope to get on in a few weeks.:yes:

This tool is heaven sent for tired eyes. :wink2:

I would recommend buying it from the link below, the shipping is only $2.21 for First Class USPS and mine came in about one week.

http://www.supplies4candles.com/product.asp?specific=jseqgpk0