Bulk candle making help needed!

I was wondering if there are any bulk candle makers on this website? I am talking about big machinery people. I have a warehouse and we are doing well, however, I am to the point where I phyically cant pour the amount of candles that I need to supply my demand......(good thing) What I was wondering if anyone has a machine they use that makes big bulk candlemaking easier. I have checked on conveyer belts but they are outragous in price! Any suggestions on decent priced equipment????BTW I use J223 wax...if that helps.

One more thing...Has anyone seen or use the sqirt gun filler? ( I thinkink its called EZ filler or something?!?!) If so, do you like it?Is it easy to use. Thanks you guys!:highfive:

I believe it's $20,000, but that may be way off. I had the info but it's been several years and have no ideal where it is. It does not heat just despenses. Also adds FO and color on demand. You fill tank with melted wax and some how the spout mixes the scent and color as it pours. So you can change from pouring one candle and the next could be different. I was going to get one, said to myself " even if it's $2,000 I'll get it". Boy was I suprised...

I think it would be great for a large candle maker and would think about it but I do tarts mainly and don't think it would work. Anyone know of a tart pouring machine???

I check on the Mark VII about a year or less ago and they said it was around $20,000.00, I don't remember the exact price. They also said that in that price they would train you on how to use it but you would have to go to their business and you would have to pay for all expenses to get there and stay if needed.

Since it is not heated I don't know how well it would work. Seems like to me it would have a tendency to clog, from the wax cooling down.

Here are some other sites on melter's & filling equipment

http://www.waxmelters.com/

http://www.wenesco.com/wax2.htm scroll down the page to heated hose model.

I have not found as much on jar candle filling as I have for votives, pillars, tapers & tealights.

HTH - Candle Man

But doesn't using all this machinery take the fun out of candle making? I think the most fun part is pouring the wax and crossing your fingers that it turns out ok!!!! LOLAlso doesn't it take out the whole hand made element? If you use machinery, isn't that just like all the other bog standard cheap candles you buy from shops???Think i'll stick to melting wax on my kitchen stove and having fun, and hopefully making a little profit!!! Much more fun!!!!!

But doesn't using all this machinery take the fun out of candle making? I think the most fun part is pouring the wax and crossing your fingers that it turns out ok!!!! LOLAlso doesn't it take out the whole hand made element? If you use machinery, isn't that just like all the other bog standard cheap candles you buy from shops???Think i'll stick to melting wax on my kitchen stove and having fun, and hopefully making a little profit!!! Much more fun!!!!!

It may be more fun to stick to the hobby aspect of candlemaking for many people, but the question was about how to make larger quantities. Some of the criticisms you raise about the final product seem unfair.

Even if you use the mother of all pouring pots and a pump instead of gravity, the candles can still be hand poured. It also doesn't make them cheap if the materials, design and testing of the candles is good -- it's still a quality product.

Even upscale candles that sell for $25 and up for a tumbler are made in a factory. This is a lot more handmade than that.

ooops, didn't mean to make it sound like i was criticising people, sorry if i did offend anyone. I was just saying my opinion and wandering what other peoples opinions were!Sorry again if any offence been caused!

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a harsh reply. Just another way of looking at it.

I do uderstand the whole part of the "fun" of candlemaking.....I have been doing the "fun" part for 4 going on 5 years now. I am also not looking for this machinery that will cover a football feild either.I just want something to help me produce larger quantities to make "new" customers happy too! O and about the quality product.....same wax.same oil.same jar.color.etc...... so I can promise that no one will notice ( unless I go and blab my big mouth about my new toy...:D )

I guess i like the idea of a little cottage industry where every candle is lovingly hand made - hand poured, hand added all the stuff basically!!!!Where i live theres loads of cheap mass produced ones so thats my unique selling point (that and my candles are much prettier!!!!) LOLEach his own i guess

You can only pour so much and then you need help. I wish I had a factory to put my stuff in and clear out the basement. Lucky you and if you have the money I'd get one of those pouring things in a minute. I want to have time to experment again and have time to go out to lunch with friends and talk about everything I'm doing. I want to hire others and put the country to work, improve the economy, and have my wonderful candles everywhere as long as they're the best and made in the USA. Hell I want to be bigger than Yankee. Then sell it all off make big bucks and go to lunch with my friends and and say "order what you want I'm buying"....

I don't think there is a candle maker here that wouldn't like to have one of the coogar melting/ pouring systems, but I would have many questions before I bought one. Number one you would almost have to use liquid dye, since it says you can change color and scent in less than a minute, you wouldn't want dye specks from powder dye floating around in the mixing chamber to mess up your next batch. You might have to use uv in each batch since I'm not sure you can even separate your batches. I'm thinking it pumps direct from the wax holding tank and adds the scent/ color somehow in the pumping tubes or right before the tubes. If it didn't you would have to tell it ahead of time how large a batch you needed. I also don't know how it can be 100% exact on your scent percents. How much do you have to purge from the machine before the next scent is another question I would have. Some oils are thick some thin, will that make any changes to the percents since we base ALL our figures on WEIGHT and this machine would most likely base it on liquid measure not actual weight of the oil??? Too much left up to a machine and not enough left up to me if you want my thinking on it. That's how quality "could" start to slip out of our hands little by little when you get big. We are set up so that if we need to we can easily produce over 7k retail in jar candles every week. The pouring part would only take 7 hours for me and a helper (wife or son). The bulk of your time is wicking, setting up jars, and huge amount of time to label and pack the finished product. If I were to invest in a machine it might have to be a labeling machine not a pouring machine. Pourings fun! lol

Bruce

I agree, Bruce. We pour about $7500 retail a week (when we have the orders) and the mixing and actual pouring is the fun part. The wicking, labeling and keeping up with FOs (so you don't run out) is the hard part. We run 3 Turk 'n Surfs and use coffee caraffes to mix in. Pop them in oven to clean them. I don't think the mchine would save that much time and how could you ever be sure it's clean from one batch to the next - don't think gardenia and sugar cookie would mix very well. Carole

• 1 month later...