Anyone in the business not dye their candles?

Does anyone with a business in container candles not dye them? Do they still sell as well? I'm guessing you have to add some extra flare to them or something to attract the attention since there's no color.

I was just thinking about not dyeing mine anymore. I plan on continuing to dye my tarts and clamshells tho.

Just looking for some input, TIA

Ash

This is something I have been thinking about for some time.

For one reason, the same as Cindy just said. I have a lot of people who don't like the colors, even though I color the candle to match the scent. I get quite a few orders where I make candles odd colors so they match the decor of the customer's living room.

The second reason is because of fragrance oils not binding right. Since I have been making candles, I have always read that if a FO seeps, you did not have the temp right, did stir long enough, added too much, should have heated up the fo, and the list goes on. There are several scents that I have had that no matter what I do, still don't blend in--exactly three scents to date. So, the other day I got a request for one of those scents--even though I don't have it listed as a choice anymore--and I decided to give it a shot, but I used a different color, and presto, no seepage.

I also had another scent that never seeped, I bought a different shade color to use with it--low and behold it was seeping with the different color. And no, it wasn't the color seeping, it was the oil.

So at this point, I have been seriously considering getting rid of the color as well.

personally I pour all of my candles and tarts for my own use white. But I haven't noticed any of my customers asking for white candles..I decided this January I am going to list a bunch of auctions on ebay and theme them my january white sale and see how it goes...I would prefer to pour white candles..no need to worry about fading and mixing colors...I'll let you know how my white sale goes..

I usually color most scents but for certain ones I leave the with no color...

sugar cookie

warm vanilla sugar

french vanilla

Pumpkin Vanilla

Buttercreme

Just to name a few....

Although the thought of not coloring them sounds great. It is difficult sometimes to always get the exact color batch right each time.

Let me know how it works for you to not color your candles and how well they sell.

When I owned my candle store in 2004-2005 I had no dye candles and couldn't sell them. I tried so hard to market them, but none sold. So when I dyed them they sold. I love the no color candles, but in my area I don't think people are ready for them. I would love to get rid of the dyes. When I do special orders most of the customers choose tan/light brown candles in whatever scent they want. I guess because it is a neutral color and goes with alot of decor as white does.

you know I'm guilty of this also...for some reason phychologically the deeper the color of the candle my head tells me there's more scent to a deep color than a pastel..even though I know that's not true..

As a candle consumer I agree with this. And while I think the non-dyed candles can be very pretty and can give it a contemporary look with the right jar, there will always be a market for dyed candles.

I do mostly wickless tins and clamshell melts, and I have considered going dye-less because you dont see the color short of the top of the tins and with the melts, while they look good on display in the clamshell, most friends I have talked to say they dont care about the color of their "tarts" anyway, just the scent.

I think after the first of the year, I am going to go ahead and try no dye and see how it goes.

I personally like the candles that are just a creamy color. It goes with anything. Everyone has different ideas on what a color should be, so I think its just simple to have them all the same. Plus you can save alot of money on not having to purchase every color dye under the sun:)