Hand Painted Candle Plates

I spent all last winter driving 35miles one way 3x a week to take decorative painting classes, wanted to incorporate my soap and candles with unique dishes and platters..I finished this one on Friday and poured a dogwood candle to go with it..my customers are more victorian and shabby chic, I do next to nothing primitive style...want to sell these as a set..

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/rainbowtourist/100_1429.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/rainbowtourist/100_1430.jpg

The one in the photo is a square ceramic plate..there's loads of acrylic sealer (high gloss) finish protecting the finish..I also used a bit of puffy paint for the "dotted swiss" to make it more dimensional. I did 5 different ones, I think with a pillar I would price at $25.00 retail..on ebay I'd be lucky to get $10.00

You did a wonderful job! I'm totally lovin' those! I too tried teaching myself to paint flowers using acrylics. I bought a book and practiced one stroke after another...it is much harder than it looks. Unfortunately, I didn't have the patience to continue and gave my book away and gave up on it. After seeing what you've created, I wish I hadn't. I'm jealous! :wink2:

Ya know, I just signed up for two classes at Michael's crafts..seeing as I was about 30 miles away they did both classes in one day..so around 4 hours..I was the only one there. What I came home with was learning how to load the brush..I then bought the donna dewberry kit on qvc and another roses dvd from Michael's bought rolls and rolls of freezer paper and then just practiced..you can buy tracing sheets on ebay..they helped me a lot. For my style of candles (victorian and shabby chic) it seemed like painting roses was a natural progression..but if you pick up some of the tracing sheets, those are what helped me the most. Once you figure it out it's a piece of cake..it's just figuring it out. You should try again!!!