Plea to suppliers about wick packaging

When you order 1000 wicks and they are balled up in a plastic bag "T" style bag, it adds about 10 gray hairs to my head trying to pull them apart. The tabs get tangled with the wicks and it is a big ole cluster of frustration. Also, if you use the ez wick setter, the wicks are a lot of times bent and not as easy to slide into the tubes.

Yes, I know it is a little thing, but it is my thing...lol. :D I have ordered wicks before where they were placed all in a nice little neat row in a large ziplock style bag. I like nice and neat. :grin2:

Okay...if feel better having aired my suggestion. Thanks. (sigh) I surprisingly feel much better!

I would like my wicks to be color coded so that when I spill (or tear) those bags I know which one is which.....

Now VE I don't think your request is too much....they act like cause we save 1.38 that they can just ball those things up into those thin old bags!

So, neat wicks and please color code the zincs.....

Thanks

OMG...color coding SIZES would be AWESOME! Why? Because I put my ball-o-wicks in big plastic containers. I went to pull out some today and when trying pull some off of the massive ball of stuff, two of the CD 14s flew into the CD 16 box. Crap. (Which is much nicer than what I actually said) Of course I could not tell which ones they were.

Another way they would come in handy is when my DH tries to be helpful. "Honey, I wicked six cases of jars today for your Caramel Pecan Pie pour you wanted to do tonight."

"Thanks. Ummmm...what size wicks did you use?"

"Size?"

Again...crap.

So yes...color coding. And little elves to come make my candles would be nice too...I mean, as long as we are asking, right?

Color coding would be nice!!! Maybe even colored wicks!!

(ok... now I think I am asking to much!!!!):laugh2:

I get mine at candlewic where you can choose the length of the wicks.

I think next time I may get the CD 14's @ 6 inches, 16's 6.5 inches, ect...

At least then I would know which wick is which!!!

Another way they would come in handy is when my DH tries to be helpful. "Honey, I wicked six cases of jars today for your Caramel Pecan Pie pour you wanted to do tonight."

"Thanks. Ummmm...what size wicks did you use?"

"Size?"

Again...crap.

Yeah I'm glad my DH doesnt bother me when I am making things... I'm too particular he would drive me nuts!

Edited cause I cant type

I've often wondered if there was a way they could emboss(or stamp, some type of ID)the wick name and size on the tab. If you have every dropped a couple of bags of different wicks on the floor and had them all mixed up, some type of ID would really be handy.

On the subject of DH's...mine wanted to help and that would have been great if it would have just been "Do as I tell you." Oh but no, he wanted to have opinions and suggestions. I just hate it when they think they can do that. LOL!:laugh2:

What a great ideal about the different lenghts. I thought long ago about putting a different color thread in each different size wick. But for some reason wicks seem to be a big secret. Who knows what we really get when we buy wicks. Maybe it's not "the wax or the FO or even the color" when our candles just won't burn right....

Oh, yes, add me to the color-coding list!! We really should get up a petition and send it to work manufacturers. That would be one of the best ideas ever!!

Only I need it for LXs instead of zincs. And as for the big ball-o-wicks, I've gotten to the point that I'd rather pay the extra to buy them by the hundred from the suppliers who bag them nicely instead of saving some money by the thousands! I could even get them without paying shipping when I pick up my large orders of wax and jars, but instead I pay extra to order from BC because I like the way they're packaged--and when you're as much of a tightwad as I am, that's saying a lot!!!

As long as we're coming up with suggestions, I would be thrilled if my wax supplier would put the wax in some type of bag before it goes in the cardboard box. The first and last slab always have bits of cardboard that embedded into it that I have to pick out or scoop out of my wax when it melts. Drives me bonkers!!! So if we could add that to the petition too ;)

I was thinking the same thing about wicks just this evening whilst making votives. It SUCKS when the wick is bent and cracked as that's a sure fire way that they are gonna bend and be a PITA to keep straight. I hate wick pins so that's not an option. Instead of bunching the wicks together in a bag to get bashed, bent and broken (and when you're wicking 300 votives, having to straighten every single one out before it goes in the candle is a waste of valuable time) why don't they keep them straight and put them in a cardboard box??? It can't be that hard and I'd even pay a few more pennies to have a box instead of a bag!

As long as we're coming up with suggestions, I would be thrilled if my wax supplier would put the wax in some type of bag before it goes in the cardboard box. The first and last slab always have bits of cardboard that embedded into it that I have to pick out or scoop out of my wax when it melts. Drives me bonkers!!! So if we could add that to the petition too ;)

What kind of wax do you use? Every brand of wax that I ever bought was bagged. I feel your pain. ICK!!

I hate getting a box of 1,000 wicks all jumbled up too. Here's what I do.

1. When you are relaxing (*snort*), watching TV/movie, or just HAVE to get off your feet, grab that big box o' wicks. Pull them out gently by the tabs and put them in piles of 10. Even when I'm tired, I can usually manage to count to 10. lol

2. Now stick a wick stickum on each tab.

3. Bundle 10 groups of 10 together for 100 wicks.

4. Arrange them so that one group of 100 has the tabs on one side of the box, the next group of 100 has the tabs on the opposite. Continue in this pattern.

Might sound like a pain, but this keeps them all neat & tidy, and I know at a glance approximately how many wicks are left in the box. And wicking the jars goes super fast because the wick stickums are already in place and I can just grab the peel-off tab and stick right into the jar.

Oh, yes...me too, me too!! :thumbsup: My last case of votive wax has little bits and pieces of "stuff" stuck all over it!! Annoys the heck out of me!