Tart Thread ?

Seems like there are a lot of tart makers and newbie tart makers like myself here. Just wondering if we could have our own area under this main thread and how would we do that? Anyone, agree and /or know how to ask this site if that would be possible ?????:undecided

Ladies, that's all the "fun" and excitement about candle/melt making. You need to order samples and test for yourselves. At least you only need a small sample to test melts, a lot less expensive than trying to wick a candle and having to order more FO. What smells great to me, might not work for you. Carole

"tart forum" - LOL

Reminds me of a job I had working on a computer help desk... the name of the computer system we supported was "BrewNet". Imagine having to answer the phone...

"BrewNet Hotline; this is Nancy - how may I help you?"

I heard, "Actually I prefer blondes" so many times it was ridiculous...

But seriously... I only make candles once in a great while for myself or my kids. Tarts are my passion. I'd like a place to keep the tart threads together.

Tarts are my full time job, candles are part time. I do think that you want a few different things from tarts. Like how long can you smell it strong, light? Does it change after awhile, how long does this take. A candle should smell like what it is, like cinnamon bun. Should smell like a cinnamon bun till it is all burned up and the whole time. While a tart might smell like a CB for a few hrs then turn to a vanilla or just a cinnamon smell. Maybe it will change early or never maybe it will smell for hrs or days. Some flower scents will last for weeks getting a little lighter each day but still smelling the same. Right now I'm trying to get a vanilla/butter/mint type scent to last in a tart. The mint keeps burning off after a few hrs, usually won't last longer than 6 hrs. So I have orders but will not fill them unless I find one. Most smell wonderful and are good in a candle but just not good for a tart. I'm going to use what I have for my candle orders but still testing. IMO tarts are a different product......

I don't see a point in having one thread for just that. If that be the case then they should have special threads for each different type wax and type of candle. Example, 100% soy, Ez soy, Ecosoya, All the different Paraffin waxes or Pillars, votives, each type of container etc....

That's why there is a search feature to the site, I put tarts in and had 20 pages come up with questions, swaps, etc.. about tarts.

If you have a question, I'm sure there was somebody else that had the same or similar question before you.

Like the question about what type of wax do you use for your tarts, that same question was asked not to long ago.

About the FO's to use, it is like making any other type of candle, you have to test each FO you want to use in them. One person could tell you what FO's worked for them but that doesn't mean they will work for you.

Mindy :)

Actually instead of a separate thread I think it maybe time for a whole separate section for scent things that are not candles would be good that would be a good place to talk about more than just tarts, like Smelly jellies, potpourri, car fresheners anything that smells but doesn't have a wick. That would be a good name for it also The Wickless.

"Wickless" sounds like a neat idea.

And Sharon, I have a hard time with tarts sometimes, the scent changing. I also hate it when the scent starts off strong and fades quickly. I am actually curious about the ingriedients in the FO that cause this... I think there is a lot of science to it. I am very selective with the oils I will end up keeping for tarts. Yes, it's fun expereimeting, but it's time consuming testing tarts while trying not to get used to the smell... Lots of leaving the house and coming back, lol.

Actually instead of a separate thread I think it maybe time for a whole separate section for scent things that are not candles would be good that would be a good place to talk about more than just tarts, like Smelly jellies, potpourri, car fresheners anything that smells but doesn't have a wick. That would be a good name for it also The Wickless.

Vicky, awsome idea for a new section. How do we "get 'er done"? I love making tarts, wickless candles, sachets etc...anything to make my home 'stink purty' :D

I'd like to put in my vote for a Wickless -or aromatics thread. A tart thread would be nice, but I realize there aren't tons ( a lot, but probably not enough to warrent our own) of us tart fanciers around- so an all inclusive place where we won't feel silly posting on the 'candle' thread would be nice. I want to dabble in everything smelly, lol. But sometimes asking things in regards to tarts is intimidating on the 'Candle' threads. They are very different birds, tarts and candles. I would even think that the candle people would like us to have our own too, so we don't use up space on theirs, lol. And where would you ask a Q about incense and potpouri (like how to spell it? Lmao...)

WOW ! You all have a bunch of great ideas for a separate thread. Sounds good to me - I just don't know how to ask the board for it. If anyone does, please do so - wickless thread would be neat. Thanks for everyones input. Hope we see this sometime.:grin2:

I made wickless candles last year.Everyone asked "WHAT ARE THEY and what do you do with the leftover wax".I sold maybe 2 and one was by accident.It got mixed in with the wicked.

Anyway this year I have alot saying "can I put this on my candle warmer".I said YES but be sure and remove the warning label.People are doing this more than we think and I believe we should warn them about the way to do it. One lady left the label on before she ever talked to me (someone else's candle) and she told me she found out the hard way.A small fire and if she wasn't home she would have lost everything.So now I am debating about the wickless(without warning labeI) I also do tarts and they are sellers.

I agree about a new thread.I am sure there are other things we can do without the flame and would learn from a section by itself.

LynnS