Hello

Lee61

Hello to all. :cheesy2: I have been making candles for about 15 years now....mainly for myself, family and friends. I do sell a few now and then but enjoy giving them away. My question is,, I want to make tarts but can't remember the mix of waxes. Should I use 2/3 voitive to 1/3 container or is it something else?? For the life of me I can't remember and I didn't write it down:undecided

Thanks Lee

Hello and welcome to the board! Im sure you will love it here..everyone is so helpful and informative!! And be sure to check out the gallery! There's some real masterpieces in there! If you've been pouring for 15 years, Im sure you pop out some beauties too, so be sure and post pics!!

I cant answer your question, I dont make tarts, but just wanted to welcome you! :)

Welcome to the board! I think you're going to like it here. :wink2: I make my tarts with 50% OK6228 (pillar wax) and 50% J223 (container wax). I use 1 oz fo per 12 oz of wax mix (my tarts are 1 oz ea) and get very strong throw. Of course I use good quality FO's to start with so that makes a difference as well. Happy tart making!

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcome!! And thanks for the help. I have already checked out the gallery and can only wish to be as good as you guys are. I am not as adventerous as some of you. But You guys are inspiring me!!

Lee

Welcome Lee.....I have been a homemaker since1964.......and am good at it too LOL.....should be by now, right?????? I turned one of my hobbies into my business. I love wax.....all kinds. Be sure to post some of your creations. We all like to see what others are doing. Donita