Where in the world could I find cups like this?

whiffandsniff

I was browsing ebay today and found a brilliant way to package my tarts. It looks like this:

plasticcups.jpg

Where in the heck would I find cups like this that are safe for pouring hot wax in? I googled 1oz plastic cups and found a few links like:

http://www.instawares.com/Dixie-Plastic-Portions-Cup-1-oz.P010BB.0.7.htm

I wonder if these really work the same though. Any of you package your tarts like this? Where do you get your cups? Help pretty please??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's exactly what the packaging is. I use those same ones for fundraiser samples and tell the parents that after the fundraiser is over, they can keep the samples and melt them in a warmer. I've debated using these for tart sales also--think I'll try it when I run out of clamshells.

I get mine from a local paper & chemical supply store. Sam's also has the 2-ounce cups and the price is better, but I wanted 1 ounce.

Let us know how the sales go if you try this.

Jane

Check your local restaurant supply stores or Sam's Club.

I use cups like that to sample fragrances in m&p soap. I have to destroy the cup to get the m&p out, because it doesn't gently pop out,but that's ok since it's just for testing purposes. Maybe it would pop out more easily for wax.

Those look like the little plastic Solo brand cups I've used for tart samples. I got mine at Gordon Food Service, but I've also seen them at Party Town (check any food service supply or party supply store). Don't worry about the hot wax, they can handle it. Just don't get too hot! Pour slushy/cool and you should be fine. HTH!

They work great for samples, but some fos eat thru the plastic. Trust me, I just had to throw away some vanilla based fos in the 1 oz cups I had just poured 2 weeks ago. IMO, they should not be used for tarts. They are not rated to be used for candles. Carole

Are your black ones 2 ounces or 1 ounce each? I really like the looks of the black ones, but on the website someone posted earlier, 2-oz was the smallest. (I've gotten these at local restaurants and thought I would prefer these for tart use but they were too large).

I'd be skeered to death to use these!! Maybe I just have dense customers, but I have a terrible feeling that if I sold tarts like this, more than one would park the little cup right there on the electric candle warmer! That would NOT be good!!

Do you provide instructions for TAKING the TART OUT OF THE CUP or are your customers just naturally sharper than mine?

i had a local food distributor order them for me... i use mine for lotion samples.. and tart samples as well... they work awesome.. i order alot of supplies from our local distributor... like coconut oil in bulk.. shortening in bulk.. olive oil.. everything except the lye for my soap making... it works out awesome..

good luck.. you'll find them..

ladeana