my latest swirley mp soaps...

sandissoap

here are a couple quick pics...have to go buy some raspberries to put with my pic before I take the REAL pic for my site. The first one is black rasp & vanilla, the 2nd pic is crisp mountain air. Obviously my BRV is much cooler of a swirl...but remember I only do MP so swirles aren't too easy!!! well I can't make the CMA smaller so I'm just posting one....I can't get the hang of this pic thing!! LOL

MVC-025F.jpg

I'll tell ya, its been alot of trial and error, soap base, soap temps, I think its taken my 5 years of MPing to get to this point of swirling...and I hope they continue!!! Its always hard to make the same looking log mold of soap twice!! LOL But from what I can tell by reading, mp swirling seems to be alot harder then CP swirling....

THANKS for the compliments!

I'll tell ya, its been alot of trial and error, soap base, soap temps, I think its taken my 5 years of MPing to get to this point of swirling...and I hope they continue!!! Its always hard to make the same looking log mold of soap twice!! LOL But from what I can tell by reading, mp swirling seems to be alot harder then CP swirling....

THANKS for the compliments!

You should do a tutorial lol, unless you don't want to give away your secrets! And if you didn't, I sure wouldn't blame you :) The only tutorial I've ever seen for swirling MP soap was just hideous in comparison! The best I've been able to come up with was marbeling.. and a toothpick swirl which was pretty, but just nothing as beautiful as yours! Hats off to you~ I'm feeling the urge to work on that MP swirl again lol.. again, just beautiful!

I haven't had too much success with the toothpick method. I hate when you have a cool looking swirley and you mist with alcohol to get rid of the bubbles and it takes the swirl away!! grrrr... yea, some secrets ya have to keep to yourself!! Just like my "secret" lip balm recipe that took FOREVER to perfect! LOL;)

WOW, those both are simply amazing-yep it's dang hard to get a swirl in M&P-heck I can't even get a swirl in the thicker CP soap. :rolleyes2

The only other soap I've seen that looked like that was one Darwin (I believe??) sent in one of Grumpy's MP soap swaps, and I was just in love with that bar, kept admiring it the whole time I used it. :D

She did hers in a bar mold though, I bet that's even harder huh?

Anyway, those are gorgeous, and sure to sell out.

:thumbsup:

WOW :highfive:

I've done some that are almost that good, and you're right it takes alot of experiment with temps and timing. I found that the clear seems to be 'heavier' and wants to sink to the bottom. thanks for the inspiration, I guess I'll be trying some more tonight!