Where is the fav scent supplier?

Guest amynleebishop

Guest amynleebishop

I have purchase my scents from www.candlesandsupplies.com as well as blue moon candles. I have heard great things about just scents and bitter creek. Can anyone tell me if just scents is the best or what seems to be the most favored supplier.

Ready to place an order......:D

My name is smart tart and I have been making candles for 3+ years

I am also a certified fo ho! :D

Everyone has their own favorite supplier.....just read back several pages and you will find lots of opinions......or do a search on just scent or Bittercreeek and see what you find out.

To ask who our favorite supplier is, is like asking which grocery store we prefer - it depends upon what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay.....and lots of other stuff.

Lots of reading should help you narrow your list down to a few......

I have done this for about a year and a half now and I can tell you I have no favorite. I love scents from everywhere. I don't even sell anything, this is my hobby, and I have about 60 scents! I can't seem to stop buying :D . My only advice is beware Ebay!

My suggestion would be to purchase the sampler packs if available. I,too, am a foho. Don't be fooled by the scent descriptions. I have bought 1#-because on sale- of certain fragrances that supplier states are awesome and been dissapointed. Read what others are saying are good. I think all suppliers have some hit or miss fragrances. I test scents a lot in tarts. Give out to my friends and get their opinion. But even then they can be partial to spice, bakery, floral, etc. I ordered supposedly an ocean scent and it smelled like Speed Stick. Which I guess guys would like. Samples and others opinion best way to go.

FO HO here too. Been making candles 10 years, give or take, can't remember. I have about 10 suppliers I order from on a regular basis.

In other words, I don't think there is a "favorite supplier" What a perfect world it would be if one supplier carried the best FO's in every scent we want and need.

I agree with everyone else. I order from about 10 different suppliers. Haven't tried ebay yet though. I can tell you that my favorite scent right now is "Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies" from Daystar, but I also have about 60 scents on my list and I wouldn't have picked them if I didn't love them all.

I use 100% soy and oils from some suppliers don't work for me but will work for others who use blends or just paraffin. Alot of people here love JS but I find their oils don't work for me in my soy. Here are a few of suppliers that I use: Millcreek, Natures Garden, Snowtop, Daystar, Scented Bean, Candle Cocoon, BCN, BCS, AH/RE, Candlesource and Peaks. Just order a bunch of sampler packs like someone previously said. That's the best way to test!

FO sampler packs is the way to go to check out a new supplier -or- to just check out new FOs you haven't used before and dying to try out.

Most of us use several suppliers and may have more than one fav supplier. Maybe C&S FOs work for you but do nothing for my candles. I have used a couple of their FOs in soap that work well though. So it also depends on what treatment you are doing-- candles, soap, what wax, what soap process, butters, oils, wicks, jars, the list goes on and on.

If you are near C&S have you also looked at Candlewic? You may be close to them and could try a sampler pack from them.

When it comes to FOs I want the best so I try samples from lots of suppliers all over.

On the other hand, my wax, jars, and heavy stuff I try to find more local suppliers to cut down on shipping costs.

my favorites are. i use 100% soy and these suppliers oils workgreat for me.

millcreek-mcsoywax.com

ng-naturesgardencandles.com

thecandlesource.com

solascandle.com

just scents i can't get them to work for me.

bittercreek north hit & miss, love the bnl oils.

I vote for

Nature's Garden

Peak

The Candlemakers Store

Alabaster

BCN

I have a few I must have from one supplier, some fo's i can get at a few diff suppliers, and of course, a few I'm still looking for the perfect supplier.

Best advice is to search on here and try to pick a few suppliers, order samples and go from there. Good Luck!

some of my most favorite are: RA in NJ, IFT, Shaw Mudge, Lebermuth, KY, BCN & S, Candle Cocoon, Taylored Concepts, NG, Peaks, Just By Nature, Green Leaf, JS......buy sample packs and test in your wax.

the search feature is a wonderful tool on this web site. you will find lots of information on different suppliers.

good luck & have fun. :yay:

I am new here but I found the scent forum via the newbie page and it narrowed down top scents by supplier to Just Scents- I studied it all day today...Well, maybe it was more about the scents, but they recieved high scores. The more reviews the more clear the scores are. I read alot of reviews all day long, and was really surprised how much info I gathered!

I encourage people here to leave reviews there, I would, but I am too new to this to know if BCN's Cream Brulee is comprable to another supplier's FO. I am a hobbyist.

BCN is where I got started, and I like 3 of 5 of the scents I got. But I am wanting to try Just Scents now, they sound like a really great company, if I can figure what scents to order!

My BCN faves that I got are:

Cream Brulee

Country Berry Hotcakes

Verbana Berry when mixed with Cream Brulee otherwise; too clean bathroomy for me.

Everyone has different scent tastes and everyone smells differently, important to keep in mind!

I took a test candle to work for cold throw test, someone smelled pineapple and others smelled vanilla...

BCN scents I did not like:

Hayride

Basil Sage Mint

They were too blah for me, I am into food smells- LOL!

I do not like strong perfumy scents, but like oven kitchen smells better; to each their own!

Happy sniffies!

Yeah, avoid ebay unless you see a reputable supplier on there selling. (Every once in a blue moon AromaHaven/RE will sell there) I would recommend Natures Garden for fragrances, but I have also tried some great ones from ICS, AH/RE, WSP & BCN. WSP is a killer on the shipping, unless you order from their sister site for fragrances.....if you order $50 worth of fragrance the shipping is free! :yay:

I use 100% Soy and my all time favorite supplier is soycandle.com! Every

one of their oils are great!

But I have other favorites too!

Indiana Candle Supply

Natures Garden

Kentucky Candle

Snowtop

Bittercreek

plus a few more

I don't think anyone can have just one supplier...........too many fragrances

to choose from!!

I'm surprised there isn't such a thing called "sniffers anonymous" or is their???? oh well...............I'm a certified FOHO too! LOVE IT!

I normally will check out the classifieds to try things that I have not tried before. Great way to check out other suppliers or to try things out without having to pay so much for them. I have found things that work and things that don't for me. I have so many scents now that I don't have room for more! Anyway, samplers are a great way to go or check out the classy ads. You just never know what you might find there! I found a scent that I never thought about trying before until it appeared in the classy ads...falling leaves...don't recall offhand which suppiler but I love it! Have to check the bottle.