Poll on lather vs bubbles

diamondk

I am a newbie and haven't made soap yet. I am making candles and room sprays right now. But I didn't know that there was a difference between the bubbles and the lather. I thought that the bubbles meant that there was a lather :confused: I know that I have a looooong way to go...LOL Could someone please explain to me the difference or do I need to look that up when I get to it :)! I am learning so much from these forums.

TIA,

Veronica

I am a newbie and haven't made soap yet. I am making candles and room sprays right now. But I didn't know that there was a difference between the bubbles and the lather. I thought that the bubbles meant that there was a lather :confused: I know that I have a looooong way to go...LOL Could someone please explain to me the difference or do I need to look that up when I get to it :)! I am learning so much from these forums.

TIA,

Veronica

Don't feel bad... I thought they were the same too, relatively speaking anyway :confused:

Lather, because I don't really look at the soap when I'm using it. Mrs_scurry, the lather is the foamy stuff when you rub the soap, while bubbles are the little circles sitting on top of it.

So the tiny bubbles(lather) are different from the big bubbles(bubbles)? Which catergory does suds fall in? And I thought recipes were confusing :laugh2:

I recently made a batch that was more lathery, this was the first time I realized there was a difference. It is more of a creamy feel. So I didn't know there was a difference either.

I prefer lather too. So does my dog. This is the first cleanser I can use on her without drying her skin. But I miss the bubbles they are so pretty.