Does candle making stay fun?

I believe everyone gets burned out. But I also believe that when a person finds their "passion" it is always fun. My hubby gets burned out @ his job as a restaurant manager, but he loves cooking and he makes it fun. Even after 20 years. I find my job as a candle-maker fun. Easy absolutely not. But challenges are what keep it going for me. And the fact it is my passion.

I honestly get burnt out when I get a large order. By the time I am finished...I want to close my store!! I love making "regular" candles....votives, pillars, jars....even tarts (melts)...but making food candles over and over...I don't know....the mess in the kitchen...just all in all yuck!

I think it's fun but after a large order I sometimes get "fussy." Mainly because I am still pouring in my kitchen and I am forced to clean up my mess immediately. My dream is to one day have a shop set up so everything is in one place and I don't have to pick up constantly!!

I think it's fun but after a large order I sometimes get "fussy." Mainly because I am still pouring in my kitchen and I am forced to clean up my mess immediately. My dream is to one day have a shop set up so everything is in one place and I don't have to pick up constantly!!

Bev, I'm with you!

I love my candles and everything.. but cleaning the kitchen kills me! But now I have a very very big basement completely empty.. who knows.. maybe I can organize my work place down there!

Back to the question. Sometimes I get stressed but when I pour a candle.. I find myself dancing in the kitchen lol!

I love it! I've only been doing it about 2 months. The part about it that is not fun, however, is finding the right wick. It's not as simple as popping a wick in a jar and pouring. There are a lot of different size wicks and you have to find the right jar, wax, fragrance, wick combination to get a good burn and so far that has been extremely frustrating for me at times.

Added comment - I also get tired of repouring tops. I wish I knew of a true single pour container wax.

I love it! I've only been doing it about 2 months. The part about it that is not fun, however, is finding the right wick. It's not as simple as popping a wick in a jar and pouring. There are a lot of different size wicks and you have to find the right jar, wax, fragrance, wick combination to get a good burn and so far that has been extremely frustrating for me at times.

Added comment - I also get tired of repouring tops. I wish I knew of a true single pour container wax.

I have used Candlewics container blend it is a one pour wax I think it is CBL 129 or 125

Does candle making stay fun? Hmmmmmmmmmmm I guess my answer would be yes and no. When I'm making a candle for a request/order I hate it now. Most of my sales have been for pic embed hurricanes. There's no creativity involved, therefore I now hate making them. When I was making pillars, if they were for others I felt very pressured to match my family/friends requests and I was making them according to there wishes, so no creativity, so that wasn't any fun for me either. But when I could just pour whatever and however I wanted....just play....Yeah that's fun. Well until you try a technique that you cant seem to conquir, then that's just frustrating.:laugh2:

I find that I start to burn out from time to time. More often than not all I need is a new challenge. Once I get a chance to spend time being creative and coming up with something new, I am eager to get to work.

Ditto! I've been making candles almost 3 years now. I find once I fall into a rut if I try something new, or get a new scent etc. It helps rekindle the flame haha!