Scents

3-4 ounces per pound is way too much fragrance. Most waxes won't hold that much and you will just be causing more problems for yourself. There are plenty of great fragrance suppliers though. Try doing a search on the board. There is a lot of information here and lots of discussion about various FO suppliers. :D

Hi I was wonder where to buy the best scents. I have been using 3-4 oz per pound to get a good scent throw. Is there a website that sells scents above 6.25??? Thanks Lisa

wow why to much fo did you get these from e-bay?? try getting them from peaks or js , there is lots more places to get fo's from.and you will not have to use that much fo to make it smell good and strong. :P

Yep, definitley too muh FO Im suprised the wax held that much! I would go broke buying FO if I had to use that much LOL Candlesandsupplies.com has some great ones, I use them the most because I dont have to pay shipping because they are 5 minutes from my house.. which can be good and bad LOL I tend to spend alot there..:D

Natures Gardens has a big selection of scents and their great in the soy candles plus their very reasonable on pricing. I also like BitterCreek and for an excellent Cinnamon Bunns I use Soycandle.com. Stay away from Ebay as I made the mistakie of buying some from there and it was really diluted and weak.

• 4 weeks later...

The moral to this story is you have to try scents for yourself. If you have to use more than 8% fo, you are wasting your time and money. If you listen to everybody who responds to your type of question, you are wasting your time and money.

To avoid costly errors, buy samples and test for yourself. If you must take advice, make sure it's from someone you know and who has been making candles for awhile. Never listen to anybody who posts scent reviews without first having tested it in a candle. Sniffing the bottle doesn't count and only makes the reviewer look like a complete fool.

Start buying samples, start pouring, start testing, and judge for yourself.

The moral to this story is you have to try scents for yourself. If you have to use more than 8% fo, you are wasting your time and money. If you listen to everybody who responds to your type of question, you are wasting your time and money.

To avoid costly errors, buy samples and test for yourself. If you must take advice, make sure it's from someone you know and who has been making candles for awhile. Never listen to anybody who posts scent reviews without first having tested it in a candle. Sniffing the bottle doesn't count and only makes the reviewer look like a complete fool.

Start buying samples, start pouring, start testing, and judge for yourself.

Excellent Advice - wish this could be made into a sticky! Wonder how many see themselves here? And how many will take this advice? Again - great advice!!

Michelle,

I'm not sure I understand your question....but here goes:

You normally would buy Fragrance Oil and add to melted wax. How much you use depends on type of wax, additives. Then you have to test which wick would best suit this combo. HTH

Hey Steph!! not to highjack this thread, but dang, are you trying to make us old ladies' eyesight even worse by posting such a tiny font??? LMAO

Just teasin' ya!! Good to see ya around again! I'll have to email you again sometime!

Again, sorry to highjack the thread!!

I might be losing it -but I didn't understand the first post or Groover's post. I agree I think the original post meant 3/4 ounce. 3-4 ounces if in a pillar would just be running down the side of the candle. Not to mention the burn would be awful. Ditto with container. I don't post alot but I read,read, read, read, read. And test, test, test.

I already posted earlier, but here is what I gather from her post. She meant 3/4 of an oz, and when she said 6.25 I think she meant percentage of FO used in a candle. I think she is wondering if there are any oils out there that will be good to use above 6%??? I dunno, but that's what I'm thinking she meant.

Guest amynleebishop

Wow, that is alot of scent to a pound of wax. I am surprised you have not had any problems with that. I buy my scents from two different suppliers, they sell the same scents but sometimes one is stronger than the other. www.candlesandsupplies.com and www.wicks-wax-scents.com .

If you are buying good quality scents from someone who knows what they are doing and not a craft store you will not need to use this much scent.

Hey Steph!! not to highjack this thread, but dang, are you trying to make us old ladies' eyesight even worse by posting such a tiny font??? LMAO

Just teasin' ya!! Good to see ya around again! I'll have to email you again sometime!

Again, sorry to highjack the thread!!

don't want to hijack either, but when I get to that small print I go right over it to one I can read