WTF..Anyone get the email from crafty cube?

tweek

I don't think that 25 tealights (with accompanying promotional materials) would break the bank, nor do I think one tealight would.

I'm not sure what Shannon is promoting, but she is a legitimate person. I think not participating would have been enough, but to imply here AND to email her with your thoughts on scamming was unnecessary. Not everyone or everything is a scam. As with beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Crafty Cube is NOT a scam & I would appreciate if you could please take that off your post.

It is actually just another one of those sample boxes that go out which you participate for advertising attention. I personally know both of these ladies and they are not scammers.

Their "Think Pink" campaign is for breast cancer awareness and I've just participated 50 boxes to the cause (that is $100.00 for those of you counting the "whopping 2 bucks they donate....." )

Please revise your post when you get a minute because I'm sure there are many others here that also advertise with Crafty Cube and would not appreciate this kind of talk about a sample box that brings them customers each month.

That would be a great way to advertise if you were invited. My question though is how much are the selling the bags for? and what happens to the rest of the money, if everyone is donating these items why can't they donate all of the proceeds?

I'm not saying anything bad about this company, this is just a question I was wondering.

That would be a great way to advertise if you were invited. My question though is how much are the selling the bags for? and what happens to the rest of the money, if everyone is donating these items why can't they donate all of the proceeds?

I'm not saying anything bad about this company, this is just a question I was wondering.

Why not email them and ask them that? I have heard of this company before too. I think that it would be a great honor if you actually got invited to send things in.

I don't believe I've ever heard of them until now. I'm not calling them scammers, but I can understand why Tweek would feel the way she does.

How do those folks distribute their cubes, other than on the internet? It seems as though every single item in the cube is a donated item, for which they pay zilch, yet they sell a single cube for a minimum of $23, and also sell ad space on their site. Not a bad gig..they maintain the site, scour the web asking for freebies and package the cubes.

It seems their customer base would be donors who are curious about other's products included in the cube. For anyone who has participated with them, perhaps you can share with us how your sales increased after you gave samples to them. Hopefully, you did see an increase in sales, because that seems to be the purpose of the website--to market your goods.

This is exactly why I say SCAM! They get it all for free and ONLY donate $2.00. I checked the site before I posted my original statement... That I stand by and refuse to change. It said 3 cubes for $64.00 and one cube for $23.00

I am pretty sure... not positive... the customer has to pay for shipping as well.

I am not seeing what you get for this "cube" for all I know it is less than a pound worth of stuff.

Legit person and business woman..... Maybe if the above posters say so.

I still find it tacky to email companies asking me to "donate" for a cause that they are CLEARLY benefiting more than the cause its self. I don't expect them to do it for free, but using a charity as an excuse to obtain free product is sleazy.

And HELL NO I WILL NOT DONATE.

I have breast cancer and ovarian cancer survivors in my family. I will donate to an NON PROFIT organization that I KNOW will receive all of the proceeds.

Shipping and handling is included in the price you need to read the FAQ page on that site. They also say they ship UPS so they would have to buy boxes and packing materials plus CC charges.

I am not say they are not making some money here but I don't think it the whole $23.00 either I figure on an average they are making between $10 and $15 a box.

I still find it tacky to email companies asking me to "donate" for a cause that they are CLEARLY benefiting more than the cause its self. I don't expect them to do it for free, but using a charity as an excuse to obtain free product is sleazy.

And HELL NO I WILL NOT DONATE.

I have breast cancer and ovarian cancer survivors in my family. I will donate to an NON PROFIT organization that I KNOW will receive all of the proceeds.

I find things tacky and sleazy too, in my in-mail box. I use the handy 'delete' key. I don't take the time to email them, tell them they are scamming and then post it to a message board.

I think we got the "hell no I will not donate" the first time. Please continue to think inside the box and pat yourself on the back for a job well done, there are enough of us that will think outside it.

I am glad you have cancer survivors in your family. I had one too.

Nice knowing you Tweek...

I surely hope that when others read this post you consider the source.

I, for one, contribute to many sampler boxes (MOTB, LBB, LC, CC, etc) and I have seen sales from each one. I send about $100.00 worth of product and get that plus more in orders and traffic alone.

I guess it is something that you have to understand and want to do to grow your business. Some people will never understand these things, thus ignorant posts like this one will keep haunting the boards.

I just wanted to also say that ladies that do these "sample boxes" for smaller etailers that are first starting out, really help those etailers get hits on their websites to create orders. Actually for those of us not new to the business, it is also a good advertising tool and really brings the traffic in - even if it is someone who is window shopping.

I'm sorry, but I've never paid for better advertisement anywhere (regarding the sample boxes) & that is the God's honest truth.

I said it once and I'll say it again - God bless 'em for thinking of the idea! So they make a little money - who gives a diddle? Do you work for free?? Can you imagine what it is like to get boxes and boxes of promotional materials and samples and have to put them into other boxes, then pack them and print out labels?

Boy, I know that is the way I would like to spend my day and then not get paid for it. Hey, if you come across people that like to work that way, can you swing 'em my phone number? I got plenty of stuff to do if they don't want a paycheck!

You know I can understand a post about seeing if something was a scam, but to bring it to the board and automatically call it a scam over and over EVEN AFTER the fact we told you it wasn't really says alot about what kind of person you are.

The more I think about the topic, it is a 50/50 thing. One side is great advertising and donating a small profit to a charity. But, on the other hand I have done fund raisers in the past as an avon rep. I made up flyers and asked companies to donate stuffed animals at easter time and christmas time in which I purchased from Avon and donated to a charity. But, in no way did I make any money off of them. I sold them at the price I got them for and donated them all.

The idea of there company is great, but I think it just needs a bit more thought to it. I would love to do something like this for those in need, but not with the profit part, just organizing a giant fundraiser for small businesses to donate to a charity in need. With all proceeds being donated.

I think you are missing the point of a sampler box - this is just another sampler box - only for THIS MONTH are they donating to charity. They don't donate all the time, they put that money in their pocket (as well they should)

No I must have read over that part. I thought that they do this all year long and it was some type of charity place. Let me see if understand now: So mainly if you send products to them, it is like a form of advertising? And they are just running a special this month with some of the proceeds being donated, right?

Yes that is correct.

There are alot of sampler boxes out there that do the same thing as Crafty Cubes - places like:

www.marketoutsidethebox.com

www.lemmingcentral.com

www.littleblackboxes.com

www.thesampler.com

www.craftycubes.com

www.happilyhandmadegiveaway.com

I think those are the right links, but it kind of gives you an idea how the sample box works. I really believe in these boxes and want to educate others about them because they DO work & they are NOT scams.

They take donations or promotional items (anywhere from 25-200 pieces) and put them together in a box with other vendors. These boxes are sold on the sites to customers that buy them and get them in the mail. Almost every site I have ever contributed to runs out before the first day is over - that is how fast they go.

When you open these boxes, you get business cards, post cards, coupons, samples, etc from all these different companies & you either like the stuff or you don't. You either buy the stuff or you don't. You either use their coupons or you don't.

It's like any other advertising - when I advertised on the radio I spent $695.00 in ONE month for 30 commercials. It was a choice and a risk, but I was hoping to get a good return. Turns out I did - another example - I spent over $1,000.00 last year on phone book advertising (had my own page with coupons and everything) Good return? No way - would I do it again - God no.

In business you have to spend money to make money and if 25 tealites are going to break you, lol I think you are in the wrong business ;)

From my understanding on the website it states that for the month they are running the "think pink" theme, there are two prices for the cubes...there is the regular price and then a price that is $2 more. Those that pay the extra $2 get entered into a raffle for a "gift basket". That is why they are only donating the $2. They also asked for a single item in addition to what you want sent out in the "cubes" to be included in the gift basket. HTH

"Business model" and "capitalism" have more syllables than "scam" but are still worth studying up on.

This company provides an advertising service. If the business model works, then their customers derive value and the owners make money for their efforts. I assume those efforts are considerable and there is also some investment and risk involved.

It's not unusual for corporations to run promotions where they donate a portion of profits to charity. I'm sure you've seen it before.