LOOK Bunny ~ Food Soaps !!

maryann

Bunny is such an inspiration :wink2: I can remember you posting all yours last year and I thought WOW that's neat..... I could NEVER do that!

[attach]8083[/attach]

(left to right) Tomato Garden (bits of dried tomatos, and I used tomato juice for my liquid, scented w/ KY's Sage & Lemongrass FO), Cucumber Soap (pureed cucumber, scented w/ Orange Cucumber EO from WSP, Pumpkin Bread (w/ pureed pumpkin, scented WYW's Perfect Pumpkin. I'd like to add "whipped cream" to the top of them), and last Banana Nut Bread (w/ pureed bananas, scented w/ MC's Banana Nut Bread ~ LOOK smellywax I used your mold I bought from you!)

[attach]8084[/attach]

Close up of the cucumber, this I'm marketing as a facial soap as its all natural. I can't wait for it to cure, so I can try it. It smells awesome!

[ATTACH]8085[/ATTACH]

Tomato Garden

post-119-139458408324_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458408326_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458408327_thumb.jpg

HOLY COW, that BNB looks soooooo real, I'd probably take a bite outta that!! :D

I gotta know how you did that to make it look sooo REAL?

LOVE the colors of the tomato garden soap, just wondering how you're marketing that one? Are you calling it tomato garden? You think peeps will like the fact that it's made from tomato juice?? LOL Just curious.

Very nice soaps, the banana one looks yummy! Only one I would wonder about would be the tomato, using all juice as your liquid. Also, did you do something to your bananas before adding, to keep them from turning color? Mine turned brown after a couple of days. Kinda made the soap cool looking though. I'd be curious about the tomato one, how it does. Please keep us posted on it's progress. Might be good soap to add to my list, if the tomato juice holds up.

The BNB is turning a darker brown, which so far is good because it looks like baked banana bread now before it was too light. I used a silicone mold I bought from the classies (its a fleximold). I pulled alittle soap out and colored yellow for the swirl. I added 5% real banana per Bunny (thanks for the help on that :)) plus raspberry fibers to help w/ the banana look and give a little scrubbie action. Before pouring I sprinkled some brown sugar, ground oatmeal, and crumbled whipped soap (don't ask-LOL) for the topping as this is an inverted mold. I poured and swirled a little and left it out to do its thing I didn't force a gel. Unmolded it and the toppings didn't look that great so I poured a little clear M&P on top (as a glue) and sprinkled a little more brown sugar and crumbled whipped soap.

As far as the tomato soap, I put a little bit of dried tomatoes in and on top. I don't know what will happen, but I will keep an eye on it and report back in a month to let you know what's going on w/ it. So what do you think I should name it? I'm open for suggestions (please) I really didn't know. I put it in front of someone yesterday and they luved the smell of the Sage and Sweetgrass.

• 3 months later...
Very nice soaps, the banana one looks yummy! Only one I would wonder about would be the tomato, using all juice as your liquid. Also, did you do something to your bananas before adding, to keep them from turning color? Mine turned brown after a couple of days. Kinda made the soap cool looking though. I'd be curious about the tomato one, how it does. Please keep us posted on it's progress. Might be good soap to add to my list, if the tomato juice holds up.

Kerri I took pictures tonight of the banana bread soap and remembered this post and wanted to update you. The banana soap did turn brown as shown below, and the banana behaved well. The other picture is of Strawberry Bread soap, I was expecting it to turn so I put it in this bread mold. The strawberries are M&P.

As for the tomato soap I am KICKING myself for not taking notes on this one. It was a 2oz sample FO and I thought I wouldn't like the whole concept therefore I wouldn't repeat it so I didn't write what I used down :cry2: and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this bar. One of my favorites! The juice was fine and so is the dried tomatoes in the soap and the lather is AMAZING!!!!

The cuke soap I use as a facial bar and LOVE as well- very mild and refreshing!!

post-119-139458416396_thumb.jpg

post-119-139458416398_thumb.jpg

That's OK Bunny (sob sob :cry2:) I'll forgive you :P !!

I LUV that tomato bar its AWESOME- maybe I'll send you a sample of it and the nog! Its your call as I know you said you were inundated w/ soap !

I did try the Nog soap again w/ Nan's help and it still turned brown. We came to the conclusion that their was so much protein between the eggs, milk, and silk that it didn't have a chance. Its sooooo silky feeling though. So I went w/ Spiced Eggnog Cake to cover the brown color and added "whipped cream" to the tops. I'll fool w/ it next season and use less eggnog as my liquid % was well over 50% eggnog (added at trace).

Your cucumber soap looks totally amazing to me. It looks refreshing. Make me wanna go puree some cucumbers:grin2:. But I am in the middle of fighting with a wick and a jar so I have to wait until the match is over.

Love it Love it Love it GO CUCUMBER SOAP!