Need a New Logo - Any suggestions?

Funky Monkey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man look at all the talented people! I so bad want to learn how to do designing.....on a minimal level. Enough to make some decent labels and what have you! What programs do you guys use?

I use Corel Draw 12 http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Products/Display&pfid=1047024339238&pid=1047022811809 which is a professional graphics program with many other features like Corel Photo for photo edeting, it will do many different things and I havent learned them all yet.

Here is what I put togethor today. It was a lot of fun :) Oh, and to answer about graphics programs, I personally use Paint Shop Pro 9 and Adobe Illustrator, and Poser to make some of the clipart I use.

funkymonkey.jpg

I stuck with the original colors from your logo since everyone was saying they liked them and I really liked the color combo as well.

Update: Here is a quick update with a circular version :)

funkeymonkey2.jpg

~*Lisa*~

You guys are really awesome! I so appreciate the stuff you've come up with!! My husband thinks this is so funny that I am a designer and can't design my own :cool2:

Anyone have any ideas for a logo in the circle shape? Just a thought. Having a friend log on to look over the logos already up. I'm so enjoying this!!! :yay:

You guys rock!

Ginger

Funky Monkey

Although there are lots of great versions already...can't believe I'm doing this (where does all my time go?)...BUT, would you all like to see me do a version? That name is just screaming to be put onto my drawing board...

i would! great work everyone else!! so what's the prize?? or did i miss that?

Dang Lisa (faerieglow)...forgot you even visit the boards - you must stay super low key ;)

Well.....this is going to be tough to decide.

Scented, did you come up with any rules yet? Or did I miss them and just paid attention to the logos submitted...lol

Dang Lisa (faerieglow)...forgot you even visit the boards - you must stay super low key ;)

Well.....this is going to be tough to decide.

Scented, did you come up with any rules yet? Or did I miss them and just paid attention to the logos submitted...lol

I haven't come up with any rules lol. Got stuck working till about 11 p.m. last night and forgot about this.

But I think I might have to have a contest to come up with something for me lol! Boy some great ideas out there ;)

I'm lovin this "Battle of the Designers"!!

We should do this more often, it's a great idea and a great way to get many different interpretations.

I too need a new logo, and I'd love to do something like this. There's so many talented people on this board, it's hard to decide who to contact, but this method does away with that problem.

BTW, I like Prairie's submission best so far...

-Jessica

He He, MizBizzy, yeah I'm pretty much just a lurker, lol I havn't been making candles much this past year so I havn't had much to share, but I'm about to get back into the swing of things and start up again. I'm planning a new line of Fairy inspired candles and gifts for my Tinker Bell site. So I'll try to be more active on the boards now. :)

Donna, I'm glad you like the logo, I thought it turned out pretty cute too. ^_^ About what I charge, you can go ahead and check out my very much *Under Construction* website, if you'd like, lol The address is www.auctioneden.com Since I mainly design Auction templates and eBay stores and such. I'm working on getting all of my products added and my portfolio and what not finished. If you have any other questions feel free to e-mail or PM.

I think whichever one she chooses, she should just pay that designer's going rate for the logo. ;)

On that note, I sooooo wanna be in on this, I need a logo AND a website for that matter. LOL

Edited to add: This is a great way to "see" designers work/creativity, and think this would be a great ongoing "contest/battle". :D

OK so should we have a logo contest sign up? Like the first five who want logos done or something? Then anyone who wants to design could contact that person for what he/she is looking for. They could have like a week or whatever to get the logo done and then everyone posts at the same day or time or they send to someone who will post all the designs so no one can oh borrow or steal an idea?

And my suggestion to the logo makers would be that they put something across that logo so no one steals it and can use it for their own.

Then, the person who had a logo designed could pick what he/she wanted and would need to pay the designer his/her going fee for the logo and hash out whatever transaction(s) need to be done.

That's all I was thinking about for the contest end of things. Maybe this way no one is swayed by one person's reputation and it might encourage people who haven't stepped up before to display his/her talents. I dunno.

Any thoughts?

Gimme till at least tomorrow to hash something out ... like tomorrow evening lol ... We can run a sign up, but I want to check with designers on the average time they need. I wouldn't want to be unfair to them or pressure them so they couldn't put their best idea forward, ya know?

Hey guys. I'm not really sure what to say.. I just got my arse handed to me from soapmafia over on the soapdish for even ASKING for help with my logo. Evidently since I only signed up recently (August 8) I am not worthy of asking for help. I know she is also on this site too. Please realize - I hope it is obvious - that I have NOT asked anyone to do this for me for free. I have received several PM's about design services and I have responded to those directly.

The purpose of this post is to please not jump the gun and flame someone just because you THINK they are doing something that you do not approve of. Geez.. this is why new people are afraid to post on forums.

AND! I love the ideas you guys have come up with. As I have posted in several PM's and also on the soapdish, hubby takes care of the financials. He has asked me to wait a bit before paying someone for a logo. This doesn't mean I can't go ahead and pick a new logo, it will take a few weeks (2 or 3) to be able to pay the designer. I am not the type of person to use a logo that I haven't paid for. Being a designer myself, I know what goes into a design and wouldn't dare expect it for free or just take a design. That being said..

Why flame you? They can flame me because I sorta stepped in on your post with an idea for a logo contest.

Sorry to hear about that, but I think I may continue on with this. Just need to check with some of the designers to see what kind of working time frame they need.