Wax prices ridiculous

cindym

I have been checking around for wax, I use 4786 and it is priced anywhere from 71.40 per case to 55.60 per case. Some of these suppliers are just ripping us off. Who are they going to sell their wax too when we all bail. LOL

That's why I stopped doing my containers and pillars for now.... I still do votives ( have about 100 pounds of wax) and B&B but with electric bills, gas and just the all over price of everything going up I had to stop for now....:undecided

I have been checking around for wax, I use 4786 and it is priced anywhere from 71.40 per case to 55.60 per case. Some of these suppliers are just ripping us off. Who are they going to sell their wax too when we all bail. LOL

The lower prices might be because it's inventory in stock. When the suppliers have to replenish their stock, they will go up in price accordingly.

The average price for anything Petro will be close to $80.00 by November first. That is what I heard, takes time to hit as suppliers replenish, they ARE NOT ripping you off, it is costing them more.

So I guess I need to buy lots now, before they get new shipments and start charging more.

I am sure you are right.Those who get it cheaper will be paying more later.Sounds about right.I think I have enough wax through craft season but really do you think even if oil prices would go down the price of wax will.I am not sure about that.Once up I am sure it will stay that way.IMO

LynnS

I think I have enough wax through craft season but really do you think even if oil prices would go down the price of wax will.I am not sure about that.Once up I am sure it will stay that way.IMO

LynnS

You could be right about that, especially if people continue to buy them at the high prices. Why lower the price if you are selling well at the higher price. Similarly if we raised our candle prices and people still bought from us, it's unlikely we'd lower our prices if our costs went down.

May I ask where you get yours at Cindy? I have been thinking abot going back to this wax. I just got a couple slabs to test from LS! I found it at TC for what I thought was the best price but they are discontinuing all the IGI waxes so that explains that :cry2: Shipping to CA suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could be right about that, especially if people continue to buy them at the high prices. Why lower the price if you are selling well at the higher price. Similarly if we raised our candle prices and people still bought from us, it's unlikely we'd lower our prices if our costs went down.

Good point!

May I ask where you get yours at Cindy? I have been thinking abot going back to this wax. I just got a couple slabs to test from LS! I found it at TC for what I thought was the best price but they are discontinuing all the IGI waxes so that explains that :cry2: Shipping to CA suxs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeannie, I am on the east coast , the cheapest for me is Candle Science. They are in Ohio I believe. If you go to the achives page I think there is a list of suppliers by state. You might try Starville. No sure though.

Jeanie her is the supplier by state link Supplier By State Hope it helps.

Jeannie, I am on the east coast , the cheapest for me is Candle Science. They are in Ohio I believe. If you go to the achives page I think there is a list of suppliers by state. You might try Starville. No sure though.

Jeanie her is the supplier by state link Supplier By State Hope it helps.

Here are some other supplier lists

http://members.iinet.net.au/~campbell1/links.htm

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23199&page=4

Well BP has just announced it's shutting down one of the biggest oilfields in the US because it need to redue work on the pipelines so look for the prices of wax and gas to skyrocket thru the roof. Shipping will also climb and the little hobby chandlers will fold due to this. I know from my local supplier, he has said that lots of hobby or small candle makers have moved onto other crafts like beading ir knitting because they could no longer handle the price of wax.

I'll go get the link to the BP piece.

Fire:cool2:

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/07/news/international/oil_alaska/index.htm?cnn=yes