Wax prices ridiculous

cindym

This is part of the reason why I didn't base my business solely around candles and supplies. I do alot of other items too. The prices on anything are crazy.

Yep, I have to agree. If you try to make a decient income from candles alone it wont happen. You need to have other items too, like B&B, gifts etc. if you want a year round income.

Wow! I haven't been on the board much this past week until today, so hadn't read this thread. Getting ready to order a 55 lb case of J50 from Candle Science and saw that price has jumped up $8.00 per case since I just ordered a case on 07/10/06. Guess I'd better stock up with a few cases (although I really don't need to spend the money now), before their prices go up again or the J50 is discontinued. I read on an earlier thread that all IGI waxes are going to be discontinued. Is this true, and does anyone possibly know when? Forgive me if this info is already discussed elsewhere. I have to sign off and won't have time to research much before I need to place an order tomorrow.

Wow! I haven't been on the board much this past week until today, so hadn't read this thread. Getting ready to order a 55 lb case of J50 from Candle Science and saw that price has jumped up $8.00 per case since I just ordered a case on 07/10/06. Guess I'd better stock up with a few cases (although I really don't need to spend the money now), before their prices go up again or the J50 is discontinued. I read on an earlier thread that all IGI waxes are going to be discontinued. Is this true, and does anyone possibly know when? Forgive me if this info is already discussed elsewhere. I have to sign off and won't have time to research much before I need to place an order tomorrow.

No I don't IGI is going to quite making wax, I think some suppliers that carry IGI wax will no longer carry it because IGI prices are getting to high.

Yeah I think the hike in prices are just crazy. I personally think they are taking advantage of a bad situation. I called IGI after the second hike and I got "Gas went up in price" blah blah. "Hard to get ahold of raw materials" blah blah.... My ass!, give me a break. So how do they justify it? I mean really.... The wax is just a by product.:mad:

By the way I swear the formula of J50 and 223 changed after IGI took over. So maybe they are making more money then we think:mad: Bastards!

That is why I am slowely switching over to soy.

Oh man does it ever end? I'm telling you it's hard enough to find a wax on the West Coast that I even like. I've had to start over so many times now because it stops being available. I'm sick of the soy & constant changes so I decided to go back to my roots, (paraffin) when I actually made money. Does anybody have confirmed information IGI is getting out of wax? I would really hate to go through all the testing again only to have to start over...AGAIN!!!