Wax Cost By Years End

I have been informed that Parrafin will be at least 40% more then soy wax. How are you all planning on this? Paying $35 to $45 for soy or $60-70 for Parrafin or mixing them or just raising prices? The prices i used is general but close i think.

I have been informed that Parrafin will be at least 40% more then soy wax. How are you all planning on this? Paying $35 to $45 for soy or $60-70 for Parrafin or mixing them or just raising prices? The prices i used is general but close i think.

I'm drilling for my own oil. LMAO.

:D

By the by, its spelled P-A-R-A-F-F-I-N.....LOL.

That really sucks!:undecided I am wondering how many suppliers are going to go under. I will have to raise my prices , but to add 40%-50% more to my candles is going to be tough. As we know candles aren't a necessity, but they are sure a mood enhancing drug that is going to be hard to kick... I can't live without the UPS guy dropping off my new shipment of FO and supply of wax .......

(but to add 40%-50% more to my candles) That is not what i said, i said the wax cost, not the FO, or the glass, or the wicks or the label etc. The real net wholesale cost would go up maybe .40 per 16 ounce jar, give or take. Ceta, thats why I always call it PETRO WAX. I cant spell that dreded word. :P

Soy will not be immune for major price increases in the next year to 18 months. All the hype about bio-fuels has made the major Ag companies take notice. E85 & BioDiesel are the hot topics right now...and the major soy suppliers are hoarding veg feedstocks in anticipation of increase capacity (for biofuels) and therefore need for veg oils. Now that Veg based fuels are comparable in cost to petro - the biggies will be anxious to reap the margins of converting the oil to fuel vs. wax.

Have to agree with Grumpy, it's not all that much as people think. Buy by the pallet and your good to go. Take adavantage of free shipping as well, C&S just had a free shipping on 500.00 or more I took full advantage of it with wax....At least they offer it on wax most suppliers won't do that so kudo's to C&S!!!!

Well, like most everything else, I plan on continuing to buy it an pass the cost on to the consumer. I mean honestly, what else are ya gonna do, absorb the cost? In the grand scheme of things, $0.40 isn't important enough to lose sleep over.

Agreeing with grumpy here too, if the price increases by 40%, you are only looking at adding an extra .40 to .50 to the cost of a 16oz jar to cover this increase. Thats .20 - .25 on to an 8oz jar. Most consumers won't even notice or sneeze at that type of an increase, since inflation is pretty widly acceptable and expected in all areas now a days.

Not to hijack too badly since the thread is about paraffin wax increases, but someone mentioned glass, FO, etc. The costs of those supplies are rising, too, not just from the higher shipping costs, but the actual purchase prices. Some suppliers have been kind enough to give notice, but others have raised prices significantly. Granted most of the increases have been from suppliers that lean more toward soapmaking, so those who use candle suppliers only may not be affected at this point. With my last glass purchase a couple of months ago, most prices had gone up 50% and some containers are nearly double what they were a year ago and that was AFTER my sales rep helped me out on pricing. I nearly fell out of my chair with the first quote!

Right now, the cost increase overall (for wax, glass and a few higher fragrances) has only been .30 to .40 per 8 oz. jar but considering that that translates to .60/.80 more on the wholesale price and $1.20/$1.60 for the retail price, I'm just sick. :(

Like everyone else, I have to pass it on or hope bath products take over in sales!

If wax was the only thing which increased, it wouldn't be so bad, because it would be just like Grumpy said. However jar costs have recently gone up 20% for me (and could still be rising because each time I go to the store they seem to have bumped it up another few cents) and who knows, other ingredients like FOs could go up too. When you add it all up, it just doesn't look good.

Well when is this increase expected to happen? I want to be somewhat prepared. I am getting ready to place a huge wax order to get ready for fall and winter... To cut costs I might just eliminate the jars and sell votives, pillars and molded candles. hmmmmmm!:undecided

Ceta, thats why I always call it PETRO WAX. I cant spell that dreded word. :P

Yo, do you butcher user names on purpose? You cannot spell period. Dreded is not a word. Try dreaded next time or, better yet, go to www.iespell.com and download the free browser spell checking add on and we won't know just how lacking you are. :smiley2: