domain registration

Sarah

who's the cheapest for domain registration? no hosting or anything, just want to register the name.

also have any of you ever contacted anyone about buying their domain? one of the domains i am interested in is taken, but i looked at the site and it is copyrighted 1999 most recently, and none of the images work. i sent them a very short email letting them know i was interested if they aren't using it, but who knows.

vervehosting.com here - great prices and excellent customer service

Don't just go for the cheapest registrar because if and when you decide to get hosting you can run into difficulties transferring your name. It is easier/better to look for someone who can offer a complete service package down the line.

I use http://www.bravenet.com/ There prices, packages and options were right for me. I'm still working on my site because I have to do it myself. I don't want to pay someone to do it for me and I'm so picky how my site looks.

I don't know if I will ever get orders just by people searching I'm only making a site for my customers and when my customers tell other about my products. I'm getting more and more orders out of state just from refferals.