Candles Melt during shipping

Hi. I sent some tealights to someone a couple weeks ago, and was informed that some of them had melted. I had sent them via Canada Post to the US...Virginia.

Are there any suggestions on what I can do to prevernt this from happening in the future?

Hi. I sent some tealights to someone a couple weeks ago, and was informed that some of them had melted. I had sent them via Canada Post to the US...Virginia.

Are there any suggestions on what I can do to prevernt this from happening in the future?

Can't wait until I have this problem (haha) but read that refrigerating and/or freezing the shipping materials (peanuts) helps.And of course box in a box and using ice packs, Monday shipping, etc.

Good thing they went to Virgina instead of South Carolina or you might have had to change the phrase "some of them had melted" to "All of them melted"....it's been really hot here.

Maybe have to use a higher melt point wax for summer tealights - just a thought.

Best Regards :)

Ok thanks. Someone is Texas wants me to send them som e votives and tealights, and I'm kinda worried now. I am in SK, Canada, and it is supposed to be over 100*F here all week....what's it gonna be like there? Lol. I think i will email the lady and ask her if it's alright if I wait to ship the package until next Monday because of the holidays this week which will slow down the shipping.

I remember reading a post from someone saying they shipped candles packed in Soil Moist or Watersorb crystals. I can see where that would work. I make neck coolers for my daughter made with Soil Loist and they stay cool for quite some time. Might be worth a try.

You can ship FedEx and have the package held for picked up at the FedEx facility - that way the box never goes on the truck...or ship overnight with delivery by 10:30 am....but then there is a high cost to this.

I don't think the answer is to use high priced shipping products like dry ice or soil moist for a product such as tealights, unless your selling hundreds per order. Who would want to foot the bill for that? I think the thing to work on ould be to keep the package upright (label to show "up"), and shipping priority so it gets there faster and packing product very well. I double box some of my candle orders and it helps a ton. One box just like you would take to the post office and then put that in another box with extra packaging around it. Product may soften but if its handled right it can be saved unless the box is upside down. Somethings you just cant control, stress the importance of insurance to your customers. Bruce

Ok. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to try a few, also, I am going to see what Canada Post suggests, and I will also check into shipping with Fed Ex. I may have to put out a bit extra if I want to build a customer base and keep customers happy, lol.

I have a store & use to purchase candles from a company out of Canada & they would not send ship candles out in the hot summer months. You had to schedule around the super hot temperatures. I don't order from them anymore because we manufacture our own now. I do order from some other companies just to give my customers a selection of different companies. But I usually order in the cooler months & also ship in the cooler months.;)