How slow do I have to pour?

Not sure what you mean by "rustic glow" but pouring slow has nothing to do with getting the rustic effect. Rustics come from pouring cool. Pouring slow is to avoid bubbles.

On the contrary, if you pour slow and cool you can get a ridge or washboard affect.

If you want a smoother surface, pour a bit faster.

If your candles are glowing when you take them out of the mold you might want to use less uranium.

Hey Top! I'm new here, but that is EXACTLY the kind of effect I was looking for! What % of uranium would you recommed using? And how does it affect the throw?

TIA

Jean

..... JK! ;)

Hey Top! I'm new here, but that is EXACTLY the kind of effect I was looking for! What % of uranium would you recommed using? And how does it affect the throw?
As little as .25% uranium would greatly enhance alpha particle throw. Using too much, however, tends to attract the aliens. Aluminum foil on the roof can help with that.

As little as .25% uranium would greatly enhance alpha particle throw. Using too much, however, tends to attract the aliens. Aluminum foil on the roof can help with that.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thanks Top! I knew you'd come through for me!

Darnit all...I seem to be all out of foil! What am I gonna do now? Ive also heard that standing on your head while singing zippidy doo dah works well, have you tested this theory and what was your conclusion? Thanks Top!
I don't know about the aliens but I'd probably stay away.