Legend of the Black Fragrance Mushroom

That is a really strange selling point. They're saying the mushroom is a mark of excellence, how odd. I looked at their website and they have some really nice candles though. I like the column pillars and the pine cone pillars.

That is a really strange selling point. They're saying the mushroom is a mark of excellence, how odd. I looked at their website and they have some really nice candles though. I like the column pillars and the pine cone pillars.

They have awesome scent throw. My mother-in-law expects one of the pine cones every year for Christmas. ;)

OMG! Who cares about the mushrooms. I want their molds!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they make them in house? I would buy those if they didn't have any smell and burned like poop because they are so darn pretty. Can you see some of those, just lightly touched up with some paint to highlight some of the cool characteristics? Actually I think their take on the mushrooming is a pretty good way to get people to trim their wicks. A whole new spin on it from any site I have seen.

Edit to add that I just went back and looked and I see that their molds are specially designed by George Carruths. That must take a lot of work, considering the detail. Of course I haven't ever tried to design a mold but I am sure impressed.

OMG! Who cares about the mushrooms. I want their molds!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they make them in house? I would buy those if they didn't have any smell and burned like poop because they are so darn pretty. Can you see some of those, just lightly touched up with some paint to highlight some of the cool characteristics? Actually I think their spin on the mushrooming is a pretty good way to get people to trim their wicks. A whole new spin on it from any site I have seen.

It makes you wanna put light under them mold makers we have to choose from !!!! I thought those were gorgeous, too. :D

I think that this company is obviously doing many things right! They have some great looking products, good images, interesting ideas...something for everyone.

If they asked me for advise (I won't be holding my breath LOL) I would have them revamp their homepage. It doesn't come close to reflecting what their "first impression" image could be with the talent they have onboard.

I agree that the "explanation" of their mushrooming wicks is...er...ummmm...:undecided :rolleyes2 :laugh2: mm..er.... creative?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing companies that do not sell themselves out "cheap". Create quality and charge for it. It "raises and maintains" the bar for the industry as a whole, and can do nothing but help us all. "Price Wars" hurt industries IMHO.

Thanks for bring our attention to this company. I learned some things from them and they have inspired me to consider branching out and offering more variety in the future.

Didn't mean to get way off topic here.....woops.

Thank you so much for pointing out this store!! My mother has one of the Pine Lake paint tin candles, and it is good quality. She purchased the Pumpkin Spice with a picture of an old man - I told her he reminded me of what Dad would look like when he got older.....she kept the tin just because of that. Now I know where to get her another one. Thanks again!

Wow, I've never made that type of moulded candle but I'd have a go if I could get hold of some of the fairies & angels. Quality like that can command the prices they charge no problem.

Sally.

The fairies and angels are my favs too. Michael you are right about the front page. I wouldn't have seen those pillars had I not been searching for the " mushroom" thing. They need something that immediately shows off what they have. Maybe even one of several styles ( nice big clear pictures ) and then you could move to the links for the different types. I also agree about the price. When you have a quality product, charge for it.

Any of you artist/mold makers out there got your creative juices flowing yet?

Wow..they do have nice stuff..I agree about the home page does not do the entire site justice..Those pinecones are incredible.

:D I like their version of the fragrance mushroom...geesh and we spend tons of time and money trying to stop that..and they just give a reason for it and it's ok.

Any of you artist/mold makers out there got your creative juices flowing yet?

Oh boy, this is dangerous! I haven't checked out their site yet, but the pics of the twig pillars got me thinking... I still have some mold making material left... gonna have to go for a hunt in the woods for the perfect twig specimans!

Oh boy, this is dangerous! I haven't checked out their site yet, but the pics of the twig pillars got me thinking... I still have some mold making material left... gonna have to go for a hunt in the woods for the perfect twig specimans!

GO GUPPY GO GUPPY

GO GUPPY