Lets talk soy beads

Carmen I have seen the molds for these somewhere but can't remember where. They are silcone or latex just tiny little cavities. They have the overflow channels so you just pour into one spot and all of the cavities fill in, then just pop them out. I'll try to search and see if I can find the molds again but its been at least year since I've seen them.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which supplier is carrying these. I'll look and get back to you with the name.

Anyway, they come this way from the manufacturer and are available in a limited number of scent/color combinations. You buy them from suppliers in 5/10/25 pound bags and then package them however you like.

I almost did it, but I stuck with the breakaway melts because I can offer them in the same scents and colors as the rest of my line. I didn't want to have 1 line of scents for the beads and a different for candles, if that makes sense.

That sounds like a good idea, or even a mold for mini chocolate chips or M&M's. They wouldn't have to be the same exact shape as the ones shown; and a slightly different shape would make yours unique. I came across a chocolate chip mold the other day with 100 cavities for about $16.

Several years ago a buch of us were using Kraft Jello Jelly Bean Molds and selling these in little draw draw string bags. The jelly beans were larger that these "beads" but same premise.

Mary Lou:cheesy2:

If you all are serious about trying to make these...there are a few things I can think of doing. You can all make your own mold using store bought dry beans i.e. navy beans or black eyed peas. It really isn't that hard to do you can buy the silcone kits at Home Depot or Lowes. You could also try a pastry bag and drop the wax out on to a cookie sheet. You could also try pouring a layer of wax on a cookie tray then break it up in small pieces, package it up in small bags and see if the concept sells before you invest anymore time and money into it.

I the jelly beans sold...I think I stopped making them because it was too much darn work:D .

Mary Lou

I made some of these yesterday using my chocolate chip mold, and they turned out so cute! The only thing that made it hard was not overfilling the cavities and having a "skirt" around each one when it came out. This is where a mold with the "trenches" would come in handy. I had gotten a couple of the Kraft molds at a thrift store last year for a dime each and never used them. I poured some of these, as well, and even though they were much quicker and easier, imo they didn't have the eye appeal of the little ones.

• 7 months later...

its a large machine that rolls the wax through tiny holes and the wax sets up immediately, as they are rolled through they are scraped off...walla...wax beads. They are awesome but pratically impossible to hand make.

Funny, I was thinking about these a little bit ago when I was thinking about going to the store to get plumbers putty for my mold. I was contemplating getting some copper tubing, pouring wax onto cookie sheet and then using the tubing like a cookie cutter, but then i was thinking they may all get just stuck up in the tube and probably wouldn't be able to push it all out.