ok 1st try on marbled pillars

alhughes

alhughes, if candlelvr helped you so much that your first marbled pillars turned out so fantastic I'd like to know what she said. Was it public help that's posted on this board somewhere?

P.S. I saw the remelt marble pics and they look great, too. I like them ALL.

aswan01, as far as i know it wasn't posted, this is a copy of what Candlelovr gave me & Master told her

"First, heat your mold in the oven on about 150 and let it sit there until your ready to put your wax in.

When your wax is completely melted, you can either pour it into a large glass bowl, or let it cool in your melt pot. I used a bowl. When it starts to form a skin on the top, start whipping it and keep whipping it until its the consistency of thick oatmeal. When you get it to the right consistency, add a few drops of liquid dye to the middle and take something long and thin, like a wooden skewer and mix it just for a few seconds. If you mix it too long, it will be one solid color so be careful during this part. When your done mixing the wax, take a spoon and start putting it into your mold. When you have all the wax in the mold, pack it down really good and then pick it up using 2 pot holders or wet papertowels and drop it pretty hard onto the counter top a few times to settle the wax. This alone is not enough to avoid empty spaces so you will need to heat gun the outside for about 1-2 mins. If you dont do it long enough, you will have holes on the outside and if you do it too long, it wont marble right. You still need to poke relief holes periodically but probably wont need to do a repour since the wax is pretty much cooled off, so there wont be much shrinkage. Just heat gun the top to get a smooth top."

audrey

Sure sure....beginners luck....lol.....I really love those candles. The marble looks like real marble and the colors are great. CandkeKitty taught us all how she does it. You have to put a towel over the mold, seriously, and slam the mold down on the counter. It settles the wax....be sure to use the towel or the wax WILL splash up into your face...ask me how I know. Donita

.......CandkeKitty taught us all how she does it.

Where is that Donita???????

I tried melting a bit of color in the wax then using it as a liquid....didn't work out well at all.

Next I tried using powder color, as that is all I have. It's ok.. still not nearly what I wanted. Guess liquid color is the answer. I'll be buying some soon to try out. Then I hope to post some pictures.

Cindy

• 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...
these are my 1st attempt on pillars let alone marbled (Thanks to Candlelvr<sorry probably spelled wrong> for her help):rolleyes2 . the blue is the 1st, the cinnamon colored 1 with the blue was 2nd attempt, 3rd attempt is the other cinnamon one & the orange one is my last attempt. i like the 2nd attempt but still too many holes but getting better. none of them are scented.

[ATTACH]6861[/ATTACH]

I know it's been quite a while since this post but I just had to say these are sooo beautiful.:thumbsup: I wanted to know how they burned for you. You say there are holes but I see nothing except awesomeness (if that's a word).:highfive:

I also was wondering if you could tell me how you did it? I have never made a pillar but these are inspiring me to try.

Hope to hear from you soon :wave:

Suzan

Fantastic.

I waiting for the day when I am able to do my own marble. You mention a person in your post, is there a tutorial from her for these candles. Would love to learn more if you could point the link to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Umesh