Okay, now here's a bizarre Presto question...

I got my Presto about a month ago, and it is as great as everyone said-I love it. But I am having one strange problem. I measure my wax before putting it in the presto, then measure it out into the pour pot (with pot sitting on scale). I keep winding up a couple of ounces short! Last night, I made a few candles, and put a little extra wax in the Presto because of this, and still came up short! Anyone else have this happen or have any ideas what is going on? (Maybe the Presto is eating some of the wax...*getdown* )

Can I have some of what ever you smokin!!!:lipsrseal :lipsrseal LOL

ETS.. I really don't know why this would happen... You will have more in volume when melted but the weight should be the same??? (Maybe some is burning off???)

Sorry not much help here...

Well..you're doing something wrong somewhere :confused:. Your wax isn't evaporating. If you weigh 16oz. before it goes in, and you're not getting 16oz. out, you must have a pretty big hole somewhere in that Presto, lol.

Maybe your scale is off....or possibly you just don't have enough wax in there. I know I always add a little more to my presto since I have a spigot on it that comes from the bottom so I have about a quarter inch left on the bottom of my pot all the time and I need to compensate for that.

Okay, I just have to ask......you say you are "measuring" your wax.....are you weighing the wax or just putting it in a measuring cup? There is a difference in measuring and weighing. The easiest way to weigh (:)) is to get a big baggie (gallon size) set it on your scale and add the wax (I use a dog food scoop) until you hit a lb. or however many lbs. you want and then pour that into the Presto....that's if you are using soy flakes. If using slab wax, then I just set the chunks on the scale until I hit the lbs. I want...

also, depending on what type of wax you are using, one lb. will give you up to 20 oz of liquid...except plain soy, it's closer to 16 oz.

If you are weighing the wax and are still coming up short I would like to have one of those foil hats too please.....with a chin strap if possible. thankyou.

edited to add stuff

hmmm...first thought was your scale is off. Second thougth was to adjust your aluminum foil hat. Third thought was why are you measuring and melting a certain amount? I do weigh before I put it in the presto but only so I know how much UV inhibiitor to add - but I fill that puppy up. Each batch gets weighed into the pour pot anyway.

Get a can of soup and weigh it. Turn the scale off and back on and weigh it again. If it's not coming up the same, get a new scale. If it does, adjust the foil hat - you have aliens!

Thanks. I also thought my scale may be off, but I would think it would be CONSISTENTLY wrong-like when I weigh out one pound solid, my wrong scale would still read that as one pound melted (if "consistnetly wrong" makes any kind of sense:p ). My scale is not digital (I know, Bad Candlemaker! I plan to get a digital one soon).

ROFLMAO about the aluminun foil hats. I'm a police officer in real life, and we deal with LOTS of people with "Special Uses" for aluminum foil! (They really do make hats from it, and line windows, and all sorts of things!

Ok I took the wax. I'm sorry. If I knew you were a police officer I wouldn't have done it.

LMFAO....I will take the blame for the missing wax since now I know that you are a police officer...I am just kidding...something has to be off somewhere. Retrace your steps slowly and adjust your hat often.

Is it possible to have candle gremlins???:laugh2:

Ok I took the wax. I'm sorry. If I knew you were a police officer I wouldn't have done it.

Top, I knew you were a thug.....LMAO

Get a digital scale from that guy on ebay he has great scales for great $$...I did and love it......forget his name though...maybe someone else can chime in.

Wildernot? maybe something close to that.

Get a digital scale from that guy on ebay he has great scales for great $$...I did and love it......forget his name though...maybe someone else can chime in.

I have a digital scale, not from ebay....but I'm not liking it all that much. paid too much for something that is so jumpy and does not allow me to measure easily. It's hard to know what is going to be good, even when they give the specs for it, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be good. ok, venting done

the only thing I can think of is if you're not taring your scale both times that you are weighing. I've done that a few times...my scale tares itself if you put something on it within 20secs of turning it on--so a few times I have gotten "off" readings because I was in the middle of adding something to be weighed when it tared...make sense?

the only thing I can think of is if you're not taring your scale both times that you are weighing. I've done that a few times...my scale tares itself if you put something on it within 20secs of turning it on--so a few times I have gotten "off" readings because I was in the middle of adding something to be weighed when it tared...make sense?

That's my thought too when I read this because I have done this before :)

Old Will Knott.

This is the one I got from him and I love it. Much cheaper on his ebay auctions than his web site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRASHIP-75-DIGITAL-SHIPPING-SCALE-SILVER-AC-SS-TRAY_W0QQitemZ9525425659QQcategoryZ109753QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

More accurate and cheaper than this one:

check this out http://stores.ebay.com/4Season-Eyewear/DigitalScales.html

if that doesn't work do a search for aluminum hats also...lol