Any idea how this swirl is done?

maryann

To me it looks like a 'in the pot' blind swirl. The vanilla FO is going to discolor the soap to a brown naturally. The soap that was taken out for the swirl was not scented therefore no discoloring. HTH

I agree, Michelle - quit a few of my in the pot swirls come out looking

like that.

I would say in the pot blind swirlies. In a vertical mold- then take a bamboo skewer and make a few circles in the middle working outward.

Very cool looking. :wink2:

This makes more sense too me. I understand blind swirl (the white part), but in the swirl pot? I thought that was (in this case) taking the white, non -fragrance part and pouring it here and then /high and low in the pot?? I need help on that one. Is this in the pot a short circular motion /high and low, then exactly what Mystic stated? That makes sense. So does the vertical mold (to this thick old lady's head). TIA :wink2:

I say in the pot too... I've had a few batches come out looking like that. It's all in how you pour it. I think Bruce had done something similar and could duplicate it each time. Me, I'm not that lucky.
Hey thanks for remembering that grumpy! LOL This was my 2nd post that had the swirl ones. If we ever get time to make soap, Im gona do some more swirls. Kelly has made the last few batches by herself, so no swirls. :sad2: Vertical mold + 2 people pouring will do it for us every time.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=bandbgallery;action=display;num=1120272483;start=18#18

Bruce

Hi guys I made soap in one of Kelsis (spelled wrong) any ways in one of her wood box molds. I was making cp and I added the eo after I poured the soap into the mold -mixed it into the soap with a spoon and I by accident got the exact results as in the pic. I used coconut eo. Just my 2 cents worth. Debbie

This kind of looks like a method I learned about with the pvc pipe years ago.

You take a piece of cardboard and put it right down the middle and pour your colors into the separate chambers. Once the soap is poured, you take the cardboard and turn it clockwise until you are satisfied with the amount of swirling.

This is what it looks like to me, but in a long upright mold instead of a pvc pipe.

• 10 months later...

I need to bring this one up again as (after a year) I'm ready to try-lol. The vertical molds are so expensive for wanting this look for just my vanilla soaps. Can someone try to explain to me again the "in the pot swirl". I did this swirl method when I first started out and it never produced this effect 4 me.

TIA

Maryann, I did that once. I used a Pringles can and did an in the pot swirl. Reserve some unscented soap for the swirl. When you're ready to pour add the unscented to the bowl and give it one or two swirls with a spoon. Not a stir, just swirl it a bit. Then pour. It will just do it that way. As you pour into the round mold (Pringles can) the soap goes down and then is forced to the sides while more soap is added to the middle, and so on. It will creat the rings.

Good luck

To me it looks like a 'in the pot' blind swirl. The vanilla FO is going to discolor the soap to a brown naturally. The soap that was taken out for the swirl was not scented therefore no discoloring. HTH

I agree "In the Pot Swirl" and that one turned out pretty nice.

Here is a simular one that I did that I got lucky on.

IMG_2043.jpg