JS Fantasia de Cioccolata

Has anyone ordered the new fragrance oil from JS called Fantasia de Cioccolata? I ordered a full pound of this from them last week, and when I looked at the bottle, there was stuff floating around in the oil. :shocked2: These were real dark floaties and very noticeable!

I sent an email to Becky to find out what the problem was and am waiting on her reply. I just wanted to see if anyone else on this board has had the same problem.

:confused:

I really love the smell of this and hope I can figure out what is wrong with the oil. I tried warming it to see if the particles blended in, but haven't had any luck with it. Maybe it needs to be hotter than the temperature I used. I just popped it into my microwave for 15 seconds and then for another 10 seconds. The floaties are still there.

Guess I'll wait and see what Becky has to say about this. Maybe she can come up with a solution to this problem.

:cry2:

It can take a while to get the crystals to uncrystallize. I heat my double boiler and place the bottle in the warm water and then shake gently. Repeat as needed, but it's not a super-quick process (not for me anyway, lol). But definitely call Becky and see what's up with the FO. I've only had them crystallize in the colder months.

Yeah, I have several in my shop right now that are crystallized, it is totally fine. (I also use the double boiler to reincorporate the crystals, but they do end up doing that again, in my experience)

FYI--I also use a Choc. Chip Cookie from FOH that has actual cocoa in it, and it has brown floaties, it doesn't effect the outcome at all, but boy is that a great scent ;)

Would be curious to hear about this - I also have a fo from JS that had the 'floaty stuff' although not vanilla crystals - full of fugly junk that Becky said was 'normal' - her response to me was this:

calming waters is very heavy and almost 100% pure. there are over 8 essential oils in this product. what you are seeing is natural raw materials. the sediment will not disappear as it is the natural raw materials you see floating. I have a bottle I use for my own personal use that the bottom is solid brown/black. sometimes it is very green. you also probably see some seeds floating in there as well. it's all good. we sell too much of this product. I am always on top of my oils and I would never compromise my customer's in any way. I check every drum in and I check as each drum gets poured.

I had suggested when she had an oil with these 'properties' that perhaps she might want to mention it on her description so people don't freak out when they get their oil.:shocked2:

I still have not heard back from Becky concerning the sediments in this oil. I did try the double boiler method mentioned above, but I still have a lot of floaties in the oil. I don't know what else to do except to wait for an answer from Becky.

I really don't want to use this in my wax if I'm going to have stuff floating around in it. :cry2:

She had suggested to me that I strain the oil.....but I decided just not to use it. Although others have said 1) they never had 'floaties' in calming waters, or 2) it did not bother them :P I just wondered if one didn't strain the oil, if those 'floaties' would ignite? I know they are small but....I don't think I would use it with the floaties! And what you have described does not sound like vanilla crystals....imo

I too had a bottle of FO from Becky w/ lots of dark brown sediment in it, it was her Chestnuts and BS- she assured me when I e-mailed her that it was the "raw" materials in the oil, and that I just needed to shake it up, no problem.

I ended up using the whole bottle w/ out a problem-HTH!:cool2:

I have shaken it, warmed it, shaken it a dozen times and it still has floaties! Never had this problem with any other oils, just this one. Don't know what else to do except to strain it or use the way it is. Maybe if I dyed the wax a darker color, it won't show up as bad. :shocked2:

I have shaken it, warmed it, shaken it a dozen times and it still has floaties! Never had this problem with any other oils, just this one. Don't know what else to do except to strain it or use the way it is. Maybe if I dyed the wax a darker color, it won't show up as bad. :shocked2:

It may be actual cocoa, like in FOH's cookie scent.....

I have only known vanilla to crystallize - may be wrong but I have at least 200 different fo's from several different companies and have never had 'floaties' before (except in calming waters from JS). While I don't doubt Becky's response, I also have many eo's (bought from EOU and several other well - known places) and none of them have raw material in them either.

Perhaps it is the types I buy but only a very few people have ever even mentioned 'floaties' and what I don't understand, is no one else has mentioned that type of fragrance (Fantasia de Cioccolata) with that type of problem. No one else on this board has the Fantasia de Cioccolata? And if so, what are you seeing in your bottle?

And finally, has Becky not yet responded to you via email? If not, I would certainly try to call her. I have always found her to be very responsive rather quickly so perhaps your email to her got lost in 'email hell'??

I didn't receive an email from Becky, but did get a pm from another member on this board. He contacted her and gave a description of the floaties in the oil. Her response was that it was cocoa floating in the oil and it would not harm anything by using it the way it is.

I still don't know if I want to use it like it is or try to strain out the floaties before I pour it into wax. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!

Maybe I'm weird but I'm not going to use an oil that has "floaties" in it. If this is normal then why don't all oils have them??

Probably because not all oils are the same, I'd reckon.

I have a few from different suppliers that have matter in them, and it has never been an issue as far as performance. Usually it is mentioned somewhere on the description, so possibly Becky just needs to add a note to the particular oils, to let folks know it is ok.

Here is the description on FOH's site about the oil I use with that type of sediment:

Chewy warm chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven!!

Smell the melting chocolate mixed with all the goodness of cookies...

vanilla, brown sugar...this scent will certainly remind you of childhood!!

FP 200+

Soap, Lotion, Wax Safe

**CONTAINS REAL COCOA...THERE MAY BE SEDIMENT IN YOUR OIL,

BUT THIS WILL DISSOLVE WHEN HEATED**

So another person contacted her and she responded to him (about your problem) and not you??!! That would seriously piss me off! Anyhow, I would at the least strain the oil to get the floaties out - can't imagine buying a candle (and especially not a b&b product) that had 'floaties' - and I don't think you could convince me it was ok - I would think it would look dirty? :shocked2:

Jordon's oil had cocoa in it, the description on the site said it would disolve when heated but you tried heating your fo and said that didn't work...doesn't that make you wonder?

IMO, at the very least strain it - then test it and see what happens?? If you are happy with the results then no worries......

I didn't receive an email from Becky, but did get a pm from another member on this board. He contacted her and gave a description of the floaties in the oil. Her response was that it was cocoa floating in the oil and it would not harm anything by using it the way it is.

I still don't know if I want to use it like it is or try to strain out the floaties before I pour it into wax. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated!

I didn't actually heat the oil out of the bottle, but warmed it by double boiler method while it was still in the bottle. Maybe I should pour some into a cup and warm it in the microwave a few seconds at a time. I don't want to heat it too fast for fear of it catching fire.

I guess I'll do a little experimenting and see what I come up with.