I need a new cyclo supplier

elle110

Michelle, if you can find it for less than $5.00/lb please let me know. I was thinking of doing a cyclo co-op, and have checked around extensively, but BCN's price was the lowest I could find, short of ordering drumloads from major distributers. BCN would work great b/c I live in WI, but even if I ordered it in bulk the $$ of the containers to repackage it wouldn't make it very cost effective to CTer's.

BTW, I believe Dow Corning and GE are the major producers of it here in the US. They have several varieties of cyclos & blends on their websites.

Did you know you can use FCO in place of cyclo & it is so much cheeper.

Candle Man, I tried the Coconut Oil and like it but am just leary to go all the way with it, I am terrified people will think it is to greasy or it will stain their clothes. I spray the cyclo everywhere, on sheets, in car, on clothes, body, etc How does the CO do on linens and clothing?

I would definitely be interested in a coop on the cyclo, I need to order some right now to fill some special orders but will get in a coop if ones goes up

Cyclomethicone its great for making body sprays and many other things

Candleman I would like a little more info on using just the FCO I would like to try it. The cyclo just seems a little expensive to me.

[quote=carolgrant]OK, WHAT is cyclo?

Cyclomethicone is a versatile, clear liquid. It has no odor and can be used to blend with FO's and EO's with no clouding or separation. The versatility includes lotions, creams, deodorants, antiperspirants, hair conditioners, make up, nail polish, hair sprays, body mists, bath salts and more! This product will produce a luxurious body spray that feels dry. It has a silky smooth feel and is dry rather than greasy. For making clear sprays, pour Cyclomethicone in bottle and add fragrance oil. Use in ratios of fragrance oil to Cyclomethicone from 1:3, to 1:6, or greater. (Use in HDPE, PET, or glass bottles. PVC is not recommended because FO will degrade and break down the PVC over time.) This product is AMAZING and we're betting you and your customers fall in love with it. It transforms ordinary products into luxurious indulgences!

INCI: Cyclomethicone

Uses:

Dry Oil Body Spray: Mix with EO or FO in ratios of 1:5 to 1:6 or greater. *Be sure to use a body safe FO. Also, depending upon strength of FO/EO, concentrations may be much higher than 1:6 as your perfume may be *way* too strong. (concentrations = FO:Cyclomethicone). If desired, first experiment with drops of FO/EO to test strength.

Dry Oil Perfume base: Mix as above and package in aroll on bottle!

After Bath Oil/Shower Body Oil: Mix with your favorite oil blend in concentrations up to 50/50 and add FO or EO to desired strength. Spray on skin after getting out of bath or shower, and then towel dry. Leaves skin silky & velvety without being greasy.

Room Sprays, Linen Sprays: No more wet linens! Please test on any linens to make sure the FO/EO doesn't stain.

Lotions: Add to lotions, body butters, lotion bars, and creams to impart a decadent silky, soft velvety feeling! Add up to 1% to pre-made lotion base or 5%-20% to lotion made from scratch.

Bath Salts, Bath Oils, and Scrubs: Add to bath oils or use instead of glycerin to add sheen to your bath salts and a silky feel to the bath water.

Hair Care: Spray on wet hair for detangling or spray on dry hair to manage "frizz". Spraying on dry hair adds extra shine too! Add to hair conditioners to give it detangling properties and a silky feel.

I see there is a distributor really really close to Leslie aka butterbugg. I will PM her, lol. I have a Dow about 30 minutes from me, I don't think they carry the cyclo. I will keep looking.

Ummmm sorry guys, i talked to them this morning and we would have to order 430 pounds to get it at the price of $5.97 per pound. If we wanted 33 pounds its $9.87 a pound.

Looks like where i got it for the co-op was the cheapest ive seen it so far.

And Pam who the hell is butterbugg? LMAO

• 4 weeks later...