Soy Pro Testing Results & Pics

Hello, Everybody!!:yay: It has been 48 hours since I poured a couple of testers of Soy Pro. I colored the Hot Apple Pie red. It's very pretty IMHO. There are NO white spots. The tops have stayed completely smooth with no bubbles, no cracks, and no sinkholes. I did not have to do a second pour nor did I have to use a heat gun.:bliss: All I did was the follow the directions of Melissa from soycandle.com. I have not been able to test the scent throw yet. I plan to do so Monday, May 22nd. I will post the results on scent and let you know. I've got pics but am having trouble getting them on here.:mad: I'm hoping to get help with pics and get them posted tonight or tomorrow.:D HTH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been getting stronger by the day. I've had several ladies @ work comment they love the Hot Apple Pie (cold throw). I love to see them drool over them:drool: . It sits on my desk and they just come by and smell it. They constantly are asking me to sell one to them. I don't feel comfortable with selling yet. I still have more testing.

I heated to 170, added 3 drops of Violet dye and 6-7% Verbena Berry FO. Then I poured around 115 into non-heated 8 oz jelly jar. It set up pretty well. The sides are frost-free and look great. The top is a little bumpy. No frosting, but just a rough top. I'll smooth it out with a heat gun tomorrow and see how it looks after that. Cold throw is great and this seems pretty easy to work with.

I have a sample coming and can't wait to test it. Like the coloring. Once you test burn please let us now how the hot throw is compared to your other soy.

I'm so excited other's are testing. Ya'll keep me posted on your comparison as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the hot throw.

I got my sample yesterday and am putting it in my pot today. :yay: Thank you Melissa !!!

SouthernGal - what temp did you pour at? The range on the directions are quite wide. Angela poured at 115* - did you pour that cool? Also, what wicks are you gonna try first? Melissa was so nice as to add some with my wax but not sure which to start with.

I'll keep you all posted on my results.:highfive:

Brenda

uummm.... very nice looking candle. nice deep color. what dye did you use and how much??? I might have to get me a sample of this stuff

I agree. Can you give me the info on the dye you used also? I'm also interested in the pouring temperature you used for the candle. I got a sample yesterday and am going to give it a try.

I got my sample yesterday and am putting it in my pot today. :yay: Thank you Melissa !!!

SouthernGal - what temp did you pour at? The range on the directions are quite wide. Angela poured at 115* - did you pour that cool? Also, what wicks are you gonna try first? Melissa was so nice as to add some with my wax but not sure which to start with.

I'll keep you all posted on my results.:highfive:

Brenda

Keep in mind I'm no expert. Am new and I use a presto pot, I don't have a fancy candle machine but here is what I did.....

1. I heated the wax to 180*

2. I added f/o @ 170*

3. Stirred alot & also added color

4. Stirred some more then when temp. dropped to 100*, then poured

5. I then put them in a box to cool slowly 'cause my home stays very cool.

I used the only wicks I have. What type of wicks did you get, what type of containers are you using and f/o? That would help on which wick and size. I can't wait to hear your results.:highfive: