Cheapest place for 1 pound pour pots

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get the small, one pound pour pots? I tried candlewic as they are $5 and change, however, shipping was going to be more than $60 for an order of 4 of them and about 15 fragrance oils (4 ounce sizes).

I buy the large pyrex measuring cups...I can do more than a pound per and am able to see the colors better IMO when I use these...my local walmart is where I got them and they were about $4. now, my problem is I need to find something larger that I like and can pour from ;)

There's clearly not enough information here for this question to make any sense, but I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Your shipping costs are high probably because you either live outside the continental United States or you've chosen Next Day Air.

If it's the former, splitting hairs on the price of pour pots won't help very much. In any event, a quick persusal of the major suppliers would demonstrate that's a pretty good price for less than a case.

If it's a matter of expedited shipping, you could consider 2nd Day Air as an alternative. You have at least 94 other FOs to test after all.

Or possibly you've entered the order incorrectly.

I live in Miami, FL and they are in Pennsylvania. And, the price that I quoted was for UPS Ground. So, thanks for the words of advice, however, I suppose I should have been clearer in my first post.

Again, it's a pretty standard, east cost shipment, via UPS ground, and the shipping was absurd. I'm going to call on Monday to speak with them cause I'm guessing there may be a problem with their shopping cart.

Top, you seem to have a problem with me, and, frankly, I don't appreciate the tone of most of your posts to me. Even these seemingly innocent ones are condescening and rude. Of course, I would expect nothing less from someone such as yourself.

I would simply ask (and in future posts I will simply state this explicitly) that you not respond to any of my posts, as a general courtesy, as I don't like you AT ALL, and it's pretty obvious that the feeling is mutual.

By the way, Top, since your life is obviously so great that you seem very concerned about keeping tabs on me and my testing, I wanted to let you know that it's actually closer to 200 as far as oils that I have to test, as I just got in an order of about 50 oils from Scent-Works, and still have quite a few from Greenleaf and WYW, and Peaks and several others.

Just thought you should know, since you seem genuinely concerned and don't have much else better to do.

In that case, assuming the order was entered correctly, you've run into a shopping cart glitch. I can enter a similar order with a Miami address and UPS Ground is a fraction of that. Just place the order by phone and they'll give you a correct shipping quote.

No, I'm not concerned with your FO sample inventory. I just happened to see the list you posted in fragrances.

They are usually cheap too only a dollar or two. The second hand store up the street from me just gives them to me now...i give him a bar of soap or a candle every now and then.

Patricia

The minPin site is not mine. But they are a non-profit org.

We adopted both our MinPins from there. Their pics are on the my dog thread in off topic. They are wonderful animals.

Patricia

I live in Miami, FL and they are in Pennsylvania. And, the price that I quoted was for UPS Ground. So, thanks for the words of advice, however, I suppose I should have been clearer in my first post.

Again, it's a pretty standard, east cost shipment, via UPS ground, and the shipping was absurd. I'm going to call on Monday to speak with them cause I'm guessing there may be a problem with their shopping cart.

Top, you seem to have a problem with me, and, frankly, I don't appreciate the tone of most of your posts to me. Even these seemingly innocent ones are condescening and rude. Of course, I would expect nothing less from someone such as yourself.

I would simply ask (and in future posts I will simply state this explicitly) that you not respond to any of my posts, as a general courtesy, as I don't like you AT ALL, and it's pretty obvious that the feeling is mutual.

That was a very nice way to address this issue with that man. In his own way, he constantly belittles others, some just don't notice and consider him king. (LMAO)

I noticed he did not honor your request.

Cajun Candle is closer to you than PA. Their prices aren't as cheap, but shipping might be less.

Also, if you have such a problem with Top, then go to your profile and add him to your ignore list. I personally think you're either a little too paranoid or too sensitive. Top's posts are not rude or condescending. He just doesn't coddle you and tell you what you want to hear. If you don't like it, get over it. The mods are not going tell him how to post. And there are many people who would say that many of your posts are quite rude too.

If I were alone in my feelings that this guy is rude, condescending and elitst, I might tend to agree, however, I'm not, and, if you didn't think his initial response to me in this thread was rude, then I would encourage you to take off your blinders.

I have also been using the pyrex glass measuring cups. can anyone tell me if its okay to zap the wax for my second pour in the microwave? I have been doing it at 50% power (just to top off my votives) otherwise, how are you all remelting the wax for the second pour?

TIA:p

Thirty years ago I was pouring candles with a folgers can that had a pour spout fashioned by using a pair of vise grips to bend the top. Oh wait folgers cans are plastic now and you just started making candles so I guess that wont work. Maybe you will catch a break and find out the shipping quote was screwed, it did sound WAY off to me. Bruce

This is ridiculous, a moderator already delted OT posts and it is still straying OT. The thread was about pour pots. Talk about pour pots or move on.

On a side note, please refer to the TOS about self-promotion via PMs or otherwise:

SELF PROMOTION: There is a vast array of sites with similar missions as CT on the internet and though competition is good, self-promotion and or promotion of competing sites is considered SPAM. Don't use the forum to gain traffic, build on popularity or promote through forum posts, PMs, emails or signatures, etc..