Genuine Leather question

Does anyone successfully sell candles with Genuine Leather fo? Do you make them in black or a dark brown/burgandy color? I live in an area that is big for Harley's but also has multi-million dollar horse farms 30 miles up the road and thought I could approach stores in both areas to carry these candles in addition to others. Your thoughts please.

I did a pillar in a medium brown with that fo. I did a cold pour but it didn't come out rustic, just has jump lines. I'm thinking that it would be really cool to try Donita's (I think) technique with the ice water to crack the wax. It might look like old worn leather. I like the smell and am planning on making some air fresheners with it when I get time.

For me mainly horse people order the leather candles. I do mine in tan. Heck, go for it! What's the worst that can happen? You dont' get the accounts? But then again you just might! You could always offer it in different shades. Just a thought.

C

Lezli, I'd be interested in knowing how the "leather" scent go over with the Harley crowd, since my husband rides, and basically our whole street has bikers on it, I was thinking of offering special "biker" candles, and was thinking the leather FO would be a good one too. ;)

I've actually been thinking about offering a whole "biker" line of candles but it's still in the "thinking" stage right now. :)

Hope you do well, and get these accounts and Will you please let me know how it goes?

TIA

Michelle

Coming from a long line of bikers.....I can say they sell great among the Harley crowd. I've done black tarts of the "shield" scented leather - and I've done brown and tan cowboy/cowgirl/saddles for the horsey crowd in leather also....smells like walking into a leather shop....love it!!

Does anyone successfully sell candles with Genuine Leather fo? Do you make them in black or a dark brown/burgandy color? I live in an area that is big for Harley's but also has multi-million dollar horse farms 30 miles up the road and thought I could approach stores in both areas to carry these candles in addition to others. Your thoughts please.
I make mine brown, a lot of bikers buy the containers, caddy owners the votives and tarts Theresa

I did two leather FO pillars yesterday for my niece's riding instructor. I was totally impressed with the realistic smell of this FO. My candles came out with a leather texture (could I do it again? NOPE). I took pictures last night, I'll post them soon (hopefully). I have only made 5 pillars (those 2 are part of the 5), I think I'm starting to like this pillar thing.:wink2:

I did two leather FO pillars yesterday for my niece's riding instructor. I was totally impressed with the realistic smell of this FO. My candles came out with a leather texture (could I do it again? NOPE). I took pictures last night, I'll post them soon (hopefully). I have only made 5 pillars (those 2 are part of the 5), I think I'm starting to like this pillar thing.:wink2:

I can't wait to see your pics!

Yeah, I agree with everyone that this FO smells exactly like leather. I sell a few and use 1 brown chip Per-Lb wax. I seem to sell most of mine by special order without a wick. People like to place them in their car so it will smell new again. Been thinking of making some air fresheners with this fo to hang from the mirror. I think this would do good too.

Just curious how to make an air freshener for a car.......wouldn't it melt, or am I way off base?

Remember the little pine trees made from paper that hang from the mirror? There are places you can get the blanks and add your own FO to them. Not just pine trees, but many shapes. toddsmom (djscent on the old board) said she was going to start making them soon too. (I'm Todd by the way, and yeah, she's my mom):grin2:

I'd like to pose a different question, Blest, if you don't mind I hijack your thread for a second ....

I have some of Peaks Gen Leather & found it to be overwhelming out of bottle, anyway. I'm just wondering how much of the FO do you like to use, ppw, of course?

Remember the little pine trees made from paper that hang from the mirror? There are places you can get the blanks and add your own FO to them. Not just pine trees, but many shapes. toddsmom (djscent on the old board) said she was going to start making them soon too. (I'm Todd by the way, and yeah, she's my mom):grin2:

What a GREAT idea!! Your mom is smart!! My car could really use SOMETHING! LOL

I sold a leather scent in my business and it seemed that I was the only one who liked it. My husband couldn't even stand it. :cry2: