70's revisited

Alohagirl

Maybe they do, but they are lacking the bright orange there, just depends on what the scent is as to if the colors go with it or not. Hey, I used to crochet those color of afghans and I'm still just "39",,,,,,,,,LOL the 70's aren't that long ago............:shocked2: Portia or at least I'd hope the 70's won't that long ago,,,,,,,:)

I wish I could get the hang of choosing colors that go well together. These are not at all what I was going for. :mad:

I think that you HAVE chosen colours that go well together. Don't give yourself a hard time just because they didn't turn out the way you expected (hope that I'm listening to this good advice too). LOL. I find that a few days away from the initial result I'm able to look at the candle as it is not how I thought it should be and it's usually much better than I give myself credit for. :) Well that's it from Aunty Mozzie's comfort corner. :cheesy2:

Just because you don't like where you ended up dosen't mean that there is anything wrong with them....they do look "retro". Thank heaven everyone doesn't likek the same thing. Just keep on trying and when you get something that you just love.....someone else won't even like it....hee hee hee

They aren't hideous. I think you've got an interesting combo. I might have left the orange our or put it with the darker brown, but that's just me. Something you might do, if you're looking at colors that go together, with chips and blocks you can rub them on white paper and get a good idea of what they will look like next to each other. Or get a box of crayons and then try to match the colors with your dyes etc.

I know it's hard to "like" them when you were really hoping they would look differently than how they turned out, but I really really like those, and think that they would sell in a snap! :D

I love your presentation and how you curl your wicks, very nice. ;)

Okay, if you guys say so...:wink2:

I think that's good advice from "Scented" about testing color blocks on paper. I use liquid dyes now, but since I have so much trouble with color combos, maybe I should switch to blocks. Hmmmm...

Nope. You don't need to switch. You can get this with the liquids. It's just going to take experimenting to get the colors. Using crayons for picking out color schemes will still work. Just gonna have to remember that liquids are most concentrated. Once you get your experimenting down, shouldn't be hard to reproduce the color again :D