Why testing is key.

LOL-- I have noticed lately the influx of determined entrepreneurs who think that if they get the kit from WalMart that they are Yankee's up and coming competition, so I wanted to stress the importance of testing your candles.... I "think" that if s/he tested the candle on the left s/he would see it would have problems and wouldn't think of selling it.

Look at the red candle.

Maybe I'm the one thats off.

Okay, I see now. I thought it was going to be something totally horrible and obviously catastrophic, so I wasn't looking at the details. I think I was anticipating a burning house or an exploded workshop, LOL!

Thanks for having pity and explaining to my heat-fried brain. Hee!

The wick is off center in the red one, but that doesn't mean there was a lack of testing. Lack of quality inspection yes. There is a candle company here in town that makes mayonaise type jar candles and has for years. I see them everywhere and even bought a couple before I started all this. I finally went in their store the other day and poked around. I was shocked to see how many off center wicked candles they had on display :shocked2:

Satin,

I say its due to lack of testing because obviously this is a tad bit different from other candles (read uber-crooked). Perhaps if the person had tested the limp noodle candle they would see the effect of its position.

DanieB,

Definitely not "bad-bad", but up there with the mutant marbled tin.