My first soap

Here is a picture of my first soap. :yay: It is colored with paprika, which gives the soap a nice light orange color (the best I could describe the color). It also has oatmeal. It is scented with sweet orange EO but the scent did not hold. Hopefully it came out ok. I am not brave enough to try the tongue test. Sorry for the big picture, I don't know how to minimize it.

Picture104.jpg

WTG that is sooo pretty!! :thumbsup:

So, you can't smell the orange EO at all? How much did you use? Do you think it just got eaten up in the processing or what?

That's a bummer, but it sure is pretty.

Oh and I just HAD to do the tongue test with MY first soap I made the other day I didn't want to be left out of the tongue zappers. ;)

And yep, I got a little zap, but I cut off a little sliver and I've got LATHER, so I know I actually made soap!! :yay:

You really need to anchor most citrus EO's in soap because they do fade fast!! Try a tad of Litsea or Patchouli is also a good anchor. There's probably others and hopefully someone will chime in that has more knowledge on EO's in soap!! :cool2: I know personally I finally used an orange FO to get a good orange soap.

Mitchi thanks for the soap compliment. I can't smell the EO at all. I added like about 20-25 drops. Don't know if that was enough. I know that a tongue test is a must but I think I would have my husband do that part for now. Who knows what his answer will be.

Yikes, Robin! That's alot of drops! LOL

Your soap looks wonderful........You could always just add a drop or two to the bars of soap now........it'll probably sink in? I don't know........but it's just a suggestion..........??

The same thing happened to a Patchouli EO I used. Now you'd never even know it was patchouli. I mine as well say it's unscented! Darn it.