Making Chunks

I do them like Candlesprite except I am too lazy to line the jelly roll pan. ROFL

Cut them into squares after the wax has set up and is solid, but is still warm. Then break on your cut lines after the wax is completely cool.

This way works for me anyway. :)

I do them like Candlesprite except I am too lazy to line the jelly roll pan. ROFL

Cut them into squares after the wax has set up and is solid, but is still warm. Then break on your cut lines after the wax is completely cool.

This way works for me anyway. :)

I do the same thing .. I need to master the "straight line" cut though LOL

Christina

I line a jelly roll pan with wax paper and pour the wax on it let it set till soft solid pull the wax paper out of the jelly roll pan and use an exacto knife to cut my chunks. I know some people also use a pizza cutter to cut their chunks.

Me too!

I have an old fashioned mini aluminum ice tray I found at a garage sell a couple of years ago that I use. Makes the perfect size chunks and is so easy. It's like using an aluminum mold for the chunks.

Before I found that I would pour wax on a rectangle cookie cutter and when the wax solidified but was still plyable I would cut it into the sized chunks I needed with an exacto knife like a couple others have said. :)

I use a 1/2 inch deep aluminum pan to make mine in. I pour my wax and when it gets semi-hard I will use a knife to cut it in squares. Then once it hardens completely I'll pop them out.

Same here. I have also used some odd shaped pans I have around from when I was decorating cakes. If I don't want a lot of chunks, I'll use a smaller pan.

I use the lipped cookie sheet/baking pans too...fill, score when it is is semi hard, let it harden then hand them to my 5 year old to break up the chunks and put into shoeboxes by type...it is "HIS" job and you had better not forget it or he gets reallt cranky!!!:rolleyes2

Jelly roll pans for the dollar store are perfect for making chuncks since any pan you use AND cut on will become damaged. With the $1.00 pans, they are cheaply replaceable! They come in various sizes! I use the jelly roll pans and a cheap dollar store paring knife. The pizza cutter didnt quite work good for me as I couldnt get into the edges well and I do not line my sheets.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Chunks are my life.....lol....I have dozens of cookie sheets in various sizes. The regular standard size takes 1# 6 oz.....I just clean them with Pam. Also I like the Teflon coated the best. Pour your wax, let it set up to very firm. I cut mine in diamonds. If you cut the wax too soon, the wax is still warm under where you scored the chunks and keeps the chunks stuck together. It is all in the timing....press your finger on the wax and it should be fairly hard....just soft enough to cut. (I use the cheap little paring knives from Walmart) Then I put them into the refrigerator or freezer or outside in the winter....if you have cut them at the right time all you have to do is drop them onto the floor and almost all of them will break apart. Otherwise you have to spend a lot of time breaking the chunks apart. Donita

ROFL, Holly! Sounds like a perfect job for a little boy! Shoot, they're going to destroy SOMETHING, might as well be a job you need done anyway. :laugh2:

LOL you are not kidding..hehehe figured it was a good way to harness his destructive energy:cheesy2: