Anyone else have this problem?

Sab

Sometimes when I'm pouring certain scents it's so overwhelming that it gives me an upset stomach. The next day when I burn the candle I'm fine.

I just poured 3 test candles - new scents I got today. I'm feeling whoozy from it.

Sab

I have had that happen to me if I am pouring a lot of different scents. But when I am in heavy production I just get candlenose. I use to manage a coffee shope and when we brewed the flavored coffee's in the morning I would get sick to my stomach. If you find that you are really sensitive all the time you could try using those face masks like nurses wear. It may help.

A long time ago in a land far far away. Oops sorry. One time I was pouring "Orange Blossom" and not only did I have to leave the room but I had to throw the candle away. It made me very sick. Any strong floral or a really strong bakery gives me a stomach ache and a headache. All my friends are amazed that I make candles because for years they have had to listen to me bemoan the fact that people bathe in perfume and I hate it!

My cooking! When I cook I use my nose to tell if I'm adding the right spices, etc. and just knowing in general if I've got the recipe right. My nose leads the way.

I'm cooking a Rotary benefit dinner for 200+ people Thursday night. I will not be making any candles tomorrow! :P:shocked2:

I have had that happen to me if I am pouring a lot of different scents. But when I am in heavy production I just get candlenose. I use to manage a coffee shope and when we brewed the flavored coffee's in the morning I would get sick to my stomach. If you find that you are really sensitive all the time you could try using those face masks like nurses wear. It may help.

That type of mask is only for dust not scent or vapors. For scent & vapors you need a respirator like here http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1290521&cp=&origkw=respirator&kw=respirator&parentPage=search&searchId=5585363469

post-219-139458398186_thumb.jpg

I am also very sensitive to scents and use a respirator most of the time. More than likely, we should all be using a respirator all the time. I don't think that the scents are dangerous when burning a candle. However, those of us who spend hours and hours each day standing over a pot of wax with FO should likely be protecting ourselves. The respirator isn't very comfortable to wear, especially when it is hot but I think the discomfort is worth the protection.

I would definitely recommend working in a very well ventilated room (try running a fan, too).

Or wear a respirator mask when pouring. Yes, you look like Darth Vader's sister, but protecting your health is worth it! :)

Or his brother, Don't forget us guys too.

The only two scents I can't deal with are Rose and Candy Corn. Both will make me sick!

Otherwise, for hours on end I can deal with the scents just fine all day every day. I done some pretty funk pours of things like Lilac and Amish Harvest. I generall pour two scents at a time but it doesn't make me sick.

:cool2:

Oh my, I have been sick to my stomach before too when pouring patchouli or rose. Those are about the only two that bother me. I just make sure I pour something I like last. That way I don't smell THEM all night.

I get horrible sore throats, headaches and feel like I am dehydrated.....it's why I took off the whole winter from candles and I just got over a bad sore throat from starting back up a couple of weeks ago...I find that I can only do about 3 pounds a day and have to take a break in between batches for a day or so....:lipsrseal and for get about peppermint.....I vowed never again to pour that one.....LOL