Poured my Greenleaf 70/30 blend sample

I am impressed with how smooth and creamy this wax is. I poured my sample last night. Added a sample of their Blackberry Crumble FO, colored it blue. It looks WONDERFUL and has a great cold throw. Can't wait to start burning to see how it performs.

Anyone else love the fact that you can pour this wax HOT and still have it set up beautifully smooth?! I'll let you know how it performs after I burn it.

I'm loving the wax but am definitely having troubles wicking...the ecos are smoking on me...am going to try others...really hope I can get this wax to work! I'm spoiled with J50 being so easy to wick...and soy has never really given me troubles either.

Jen

If you aren't having any luck with the ECO's - try some HTP's if you have them. Other people are doing good with those and the CD's.

HTH

Brenda

I have yet to get good hot throw from this wax.... must be the scents I pick to test with, since everyone else thinks it's great!

How long have you let it cure? Don't know which FO's you are using but a lot of people testing are finding that if it doesn't work initially - they let it set for about a week and that makes a lot of difference. Some work right off, some take longer - just depends on the oil it seems.

HTH

Brenda

I have yet to get good hot throw from this wax.... must be the scents I pick to test with, since everyone else thinks it's great!

What scents have you tested? I'm playing with a couple that don't have the throw I was hoping for but will let them cure a little longer.:whistle: I'm used to paraffin pillars that give instant gratification.

So far the ones that won't throw are German Chocolate Cake from Lonestar and Greenleaf's Peaches and Cream, and I can't think of the other one. These have been sitting for at least 2 weeks. Poured some Just Scent's Creme de la Creme tonite, hopefully that one will throw for me. I added Peaches at one ounce per pound, GC and Creme at 1.5. GC won't throw for me in C-1 either.

So far the ones that won't throw are German Chocolate Cake from Lonestar and Greenleaf's Peaches and Cream, and I can't think of the other one. These have been sitting for at least 2 weeks. Poured some Just Scent's Creme de la Creme tonite, hopefully that one will throw for me. I added Peaches at one ounce per pound, GC and Creme at 1.5. GC won't throw for me in C-1 either.

Our Peaches & Cream wouldn't throw in the 70/30? :eek: Can I ask what wicks you are using please? We test our oils but only with wicks we have - and it did great.

Right now, I have a leftover Peaches burning with an Htp 104. Last one was an LX-16. Unfortunately, I lost my notes on the other wick I tried with this FO. I poured into 3 half pint Ball jars. I will say that I didn't weigh my free one pound sample (thanks!!) when I poured these, but I used the full sample of FO. And I followed what the website said as to heat/pouring temp... The only time I could smell it was when my nose was right over top of it. Even now, the last jar has been sitting for a long time... few weeks at least, and still not much throw at all. :cry2:

Right now, I have a leftover Peaches burning with an Htp 104. Last one was an LX-16. Unfortunately, I lost my notes on the other wick I tried with this FO. I poured into 3 half pint Ball jars. I will say that I didn't weigh my free one pound sample (thanks!!) when I poured these, but I used the full sample of FO. And I followed what the website said as to heat/pouring temp... The only time I could smell it was when my nose was right over top of it. Even now, the last jar has been sitting for a long time... few weeks at least, and still not much throw at all. :cry2:

I don't know this jar. Can you tell me about how it burned, how long, size of melt pool, how long the melt pool took to get to this size, and how deep the melt pool was? Sorry - but you have to be my eyes :) Some of the samples (you are welcome) are a little over a pound but you should still be getting some throw.

Brenda

The one right now, with the HTP 104 has been burning a good 2 and a half hours at least. Maybe closer to 3. The melt pool is a good 1/4 inch deep. The jar is just shy of 4 inches top to bottom, and 2 and 5/8 wide from outside to outside across the top.

Edit: The flame isn't nearly as large as it looks in the pic! It's a nice decent sized flame...

post-1603-139458398034_thumb.jpg

Well - it looks really good - so what's the problem :grin2: - j/k. I'm really surprised though. It looks a lot like the jelly jar and most people testing are having success with the ECO-4 in that size jar. Let me go find out if anyone is testing with HTP's in that size jar. Be back later :)

I poured a few Creme de la Cremes this morning, going to try the Eco 4 in just one of them tomorrow. The others I'll set aside for a few days!

And thanks for the interest and help!

You are welcome but Hey - it's my stuff - gotta help ya :) More concerned that you can't smell our FO. May have to scout around in my "bin of wicks" to try and locate that size HTP and try to see what's going on. Got a couple of big metro jars that I'm helping with too :)

I used (I belive, it's been a while) 2 drops of red and one yellow from Cajun Candle Factory. I noticed if I mix their yellow with Peak's coffee color dye, there are some nasty dark spots that are left behind in the wax. Like it didn't mix in. May be a problem with the yellow dye, as the coffee color doesn't do it on its own...

I used (I belive, it's been a while) 2 drops of red and one yellow from Cajun Candle Factory. I noticed if I mix their yellow with Peak's coffee color dye, there are some nasty dark spots that are left behind in the wax. Like it didn't mix in. May be a problem with the yellow dye, as the coffee color doesn't do it on its own...

That happened to me too with Caramel/Coffee from Bitter Creek using the 70/30. Maybe it just happens to us Louisiana girls????;)

I poured Blackberry Crumble in the Greenleaf 70/30, used 8 oz. jj with Eco 6 wick. This wick works great in my EZSoy but is smoking and flickering in the Greenleaf. I have a good scent throw, but it's not as good as what I get with my EZSoy. Will try a different wick and see if that helps. Any suggestions are welcome!

I would like to get this wax to throw good for me ... I just love the way it pours so smooth and creamy and love the fact that you can pour it hot!