Your favorite Parafin for Scent Throw

Guest Japes

Guest Japes

I don't appreciate being called an ass, any more than you would appreciate being called a b$$ch. Please refrain from the name calling as it is uncalled for an unrequired.

Mute point? I think you mean "moot" point. Either way, it most certainly isn't a "moot" point (or "mute" for that matter). It's a very valid point.

I don't remember ever reading a movie review where the movie critic wrote...

"Listen, I could tell you what I thought about the movie, but, it's best if you just went out and saw it for yourself and made your own judgement."

What I'm asking for is wax reviews. And, by the way, I have read quite a few threads on here, so, please don't pretend that you know me.

If you don't wish to contribute, don't...that's your right. However, in case you didn't read the posts in this thread, there are quite a few people who DO choose to contribue and help. And, by the way, I've received at least a half dozen private messages from people telling me to "keep my head up" and to "ignore the bitter, angry, selfish posters on here." They have all indicated, and I have confirmed, that the good ones on here FAR FAR FAR outnumber those that are either unwilling to, or unable to help give an opinion. And you can BELIEVE that.

Why are you trying to make this hard on yourself? Anyone that has been making candles longer than a year is going to tell you to research, google, read this board, find other message boards.

Seems to me, the newbies that find boards such as this board, have the world at their fingertips, but choose to ignore what's in front of them. Instead, wanting the info handed to them.

The problem is you are asking for everything Jape and what you don't understand is everyone has their own likes/dislikes.

Opinions on waxes is not the same as opinions on a movie. That, makes no sense at all.

With all of the answers you've gotten so far, you should be buying different waxes to test.

J223

J50

J225

Straight paraffin/additives

CB

Soy

What else do you need to know? I just don't get it.

And the snippy comments don't help. If you are going to be snippy about the spelling issue, how about spelling paraffin correctly?

http://www.google.com/

Guest Japes

Wow, I'm starting to see that the countless emails that I've received indicating that there are quite a few frustrated old maids on here, is actually very true.

By the way, the difference between your mistake and mine is that mine is a typo (spelling error). You used a totally different word, indicating your complete lack of education, you complete and utter moron.

I don't appreciate being called an ass, any more than you would appreciate being called a b$$ch. Please refrain from the name calling as it is uncalled for an unrequired.

Well I see you are a "do as I say" kind of person and not a "do as I do" person. Reference the above to calling someone a moron.

Might you heed to practice what you preach? But of course not. You don't know me. As you said to me, don't pretend you know me. I personally wouldn't want to know you, so I won't pretend. You're the A-typical. Now get back to your original question. You wander off-topic too much. I hope when you grow up you learn how to handle your inner anger. It will be a problem for your ticker if you can't.

Again, don't hate me because I don't HAVE to spend as much on testing as you used to have to when you had none of this at your disposal.

That's just it, you don't want to spend any money at all. You want everyone to do it for you. You want everyone to test your wax, your wicks, even your containers. Talk about a ride on lazy street. You got it sistah. I think you are very lazy. You want everyone to hand this candle making adventure you're on to you on a silver platter.

Oh yes, the internet is so new. LMAO. It wasn't around 6-7 years ago. How did I ever learn to make candles?:laugh2:

Bottom line: Quit being lazy! Spend some money! Test!

Wow, I'm starting to see that the countless emails that I've received indicating that there are quite a few frustrated old maids on here, is actually very true.

Oh paleeeez. Countless emails? Yeah right! Can you show us just one of those "countless emails"? I bet your PM box is full too right?:laugh2: :whistle:

By the way, the difference between your mistake and mine is that mine is a typo (spelling error). You used a totally different word, indicating your complete lack of education, you complete and utter moron.

This is getting ridiculous and your attitude is totally out of line here. We all do our best to give out information and help those new to this hobby. However, the only way to really learn is by doing and that is a step that cannot be left out. If you want more information, do a search on here and on the archived board. If you want to be a jerk, go somewhere else. Your responses on this thread are completely uncalled for.

IMHO...You can use the search button to find all the opinions you want

I completely agree here.

Try using the search function at the top of the page...it's very easy to use. Try typing in "J225" and several threads come up. Read through those threads and I would guess your question most likely will be answered.

Read the link I gave you at the beginning of this post. TopofMurrayHill did a great poll about one pour container waxes, that would give you a whole lot of opinions in ONE thread.

I have no problem helping people who are obviously trying to help themselves, but for some reason you feel that because this is a message board, we should all quickly post our OPINIONS and give you exactly what you need without you doing a lick of work yourself.

Search is your friend. You will learn and understand far more when you do it yourself.

Japes, you are one incredibly rude and arrogant soul! Never fear, I shall not post to you again.

WOW!!! i didn't realize i was a dinosaur because i have been at this longer than 6 years, and am apparently expected to hand over my hard work, cuz times have progressed and you don't have to do the work!

but since i am one, i don't spoon feed those that refuse to pick up a spoon on their own. i'm all for helping someone that bought the car and needs help fine tuning it...like said many times already...try first, then ask...besides...your approach has blown it for you as far as a lot are concerned...and for one that doesn't like to be called names, you were quick to call someone a moron....

this is exactly why newbies get a bad rap....

oh, and i could care less about capitolizing and spelling....

Japes,

The answers to ALL of your questions are here. Take some initiative and use the search button. At this point, I believe that's your only option because your attitude has alienated some of the most helpful people on this board.

May I suggest first if you are looking for soy to go to the Veggie wax section. Secondly a good way to start out is to buy a starter kit, one for votives and pillars and one for containers, that way you get some to the equipment you will need. Also you get a feel for what exactly you want to concentrate on, containers or pillars, and at a pretty low cost, you can get started. Peaks has great starter kits, as well as most candle supply companies. Hope this is helpful, what are the rest of you guys pouring this weekend?:yay::P:yay: I smell like a lavender, lilac, plumeria,ocean, vanilla, sandalwood, votive. LOL Oh forgot, my favorite waxes for containers are 4786,6006,4630 I love the IGI waxes.

Frustrated old maids....NOT IN MY CASE....because this OLD BROAD smiles EVERY SINGLE DAY because she searched and searched and found all her answers and can make one kick a$$ candle!!! ROFLMAO

Whats your excuse hmmmmm :P

I think we should change the subject and take a poll on how many "old maids" there are on board......frustrated or satisfied. Maybe we can include the bachelors, too. LOL (not taking sides, just trying to lighten things up.)

I think we should change the subject and take a poll on how many "old maids" there are on board......frustrated or satisfied. Maybe we can include the bachelors, too. LOL (not taking sides, just trying to lighten things up.)

I agree! I, for one, would love to be experienced enough to be one of the "old maids" on here. I am very, very grateful that I found this message board and everyon is willing to help, even with some of our newbie stupid questions.

SO----Thanks to all and have a great Easter weekend!!!:yay:

I agree! I, for one, would love to be experienced enough to be one of the "old maids" on here. I am very, very grateful that I found this message board and everyon is willing to help, even with some of our newbie stupid questions.

SO----Thanks to all and have a great Easter weekend!!!:yay:

I totally agree. I feel very fortunate at how much help and valuable information I've received. I do agree there is no substitute for actually experimenting. People have been so wonderful on this board. A lot of times I just come on here and read what people are asking and learn that way as well as doing searches. My mom would say "don't cut your nose off to spite your face". I think that is good advice. Thanks to all the wonderful people on here and have a wonderful Easter.

I understand the questions and perhaps that is because I am new to candle making. I don't find them stupid as I have read a lot of the questions in the archives and these questions were from experienced chandlers and even a newbie might have the answer to it. This person is willing to purchase and experiment with several waxes and simply wanted a few oppinions. It's my guess that he purchased the greenleaf wax (like so many others) based on feedback from this forum. The question wasn't really any different than a poll.

I doubt he expected to acheive the exact same results as another but just a starting point and I have to admit that reading the archives as well as googling every thing that comes to mind is time consumimg and I sometimes get information overload..LOL..gotta print everything now! but we do it anyway...but sometimes you just want anothers oppinion which you may or may not use but it's a starting point and you never know where that will lead.

I have found this board and the archives quite helpful and I haven't found a stupid question or answer on any of them..just people with patience and experience attempting to help one another. I can't imagine going through life not learning from other peoples experiences as well as my own. Oh and I have done the google dance more times than I can remember and every other search engine as well and sometimes a good reference is a lfesaver.

All of us have opinions on suppliers and waxes and I don't know about you guys/gals but if I hear negative feedback about any of the above enough times I wont be ordering anything! Today is my off day..LOL..if there is a such thing and I promised myself I won't read these archives or google anything until Monday...it will be hard.

To all the newbies: Be patient, slow to anger and take only that which will be helpful to whatever your trying to accomplish.

God Bless and Happy Easter!

Hello. I have no opinion on waxes, I've tried only one so far and am waiting on a second, then I will buy others.

I just wanted to say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not lump all of us newbies together... I have only been here a few days and I have read and read and asked a couple questions and gotten very friendly and helpful responses. I have quickly gotten addicted to the classifieds and made two very amazing purchases. This is a wonderful place for us serious beginners and I would hate to feel that we are all getting a bad rap, some of us really want to learn, and spend money (can you say $300 in three weeks...OH MY!!), and test and test and test and we just want to be pointed in the right direction.

That's it, thanks.

I' M A GUY AND I LOVE THIS BOARD OUT OF THE COUNTLESS OTHERS I HAVE BEEN TO. I'V BEEN TESTING AND TESTING AND HAVE FOR SIX MOUNTHS NOW. BEFORE I PUT ANYTHING OUT THERE I WANT IT TO BE RIGHT SO I DO A TON OF SEARCHES ON ANYTHING I WANT TO NKOW. I WISH YOU FOLKS COULD HAND ME ALL THE ANSWERS BUT WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT ALSO I READ ALMOST ALL POST BECAUSE SOME ONE MAY ASK A QUESTION THAT I DON'T KNOW BUT MAYBE IMPORTANT DOWN THE LINE. I GOT OVER 1000 BUCKS IN THIS AND HAVE'NT SOLD ONE CANDLE BUT WHEN I DO I KNOW IT WILL BE RIGHT BECAUSE OF ALL THE INFO PEOPLE LIKE YOU GIRLS HAVE GIVEN ME AND ME COUNTLESS HOURS OF RESEARH I DID ON MY OWN. THANKS.:thumbsup:

A Big welcome to you new gals and guys. This thread is really not indicative of the general attitude of us " old frustrated maids":grin2: Sometimes it seems like a curt snooty answer when one of us tells you to do a search but that's where you will find some of your best information. If you want to know opinions of wax types just type in the wax and you'll have tons of reading to do. Keep in mind that everyone has a favorite wax, wick, fo etc. and it's so true that what works for me may not work for you. Someones opinion really wont help you much at all except perhaps as a guide. This thread took some ugly turns and it wasn't because of "newbie" questions but the response to the answers. This forum is loaded with some very knowledgeable, experienced and helpful chandlers but ......... don't call em morons:yay: .

Also you may read some threads where it looks like we are ganging up on someone that knew nothing about candle making and has started selling them a few weeks later. This is something that we all take very seriously. We know that it takes some time and testing to produce a good safe product. ( the time varies with how much actual time you can spend on it ) For many people here this is a business and a part/or all of their livelihood. If you sell a shoddy candle to a customer then next time that person is going to walk right by the table selling candles because they assume all handmade candles are crap.

Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book just wanted to explain to some of you "newbies" that you are not all tarred with the same brush:tongue2: