click n ship vs paypal shipping

gerrie

What are the pros and cons of click n ship and paypal shipping. I've always used the click n ship and never used the paypal shipping. Is one easier than the other? I know I can't ship parcel post with click n ship, can you using paypal shipping? Just wondering if I'm missing something. TIA

What are the pros and cons of click n ship and paypal shipping. I've always used the click n ship and never used the paypal shipping. Is one easier than the other? I know I can't ship parcel post with click n ship, can you using paypal shipping? Just wondering if I'm missing something. TIA

Yes you can do parcel with Paypal shipping. I do like Paypal better because I just add in the weight and the extras I want and it is done:)

I prefer paypal too..you can do parcel post and first class mail. Unfortunately if they dont pay via paypal...I have to go the usps site..which overcharged me $33.00(charged me 3 times) and although approved the refund have yet to credit it..and says give the refund 2 credit card cycles..60 days:angry2: creeps!

I think they're handled basically the same, but Paypal already has most of the information already there, so it makes it quicker. But, like Monica said, if the person you're shipping to didn't send you a payment through paypal, you cannot use paypal and have to use click-n-ship.

Great!! Just what I needed to know. A lot of times I send things out parcel and in order to do that I was going to the post office, you all know what a PITA that can be. So if it was paid via paypal I can just use their shipping, and like you said Angela, they already have most of the info so it's a time saver too. Thanks again ladies.

Correct me if I am wrong but I dont' think you can ship flat rate $8.10 on Paypal, which ticks me off to have to jump over to USPS site and use my card when I have funds in paypal most of the time to cover these costs

I prefer click n ship because you can print the label without having to pay online. I'd rather have it weighed at the post office, and pay there, just in case my scale isn't calibrated exactly the same as theirs. If mine said 2 lbs 0.1 oz and it came out to be 2 lbs at the post office, I would have overpaid and I'm not sure if you could get a refund in such a case.

I prefer click n ship because you can print the label without having to pay online. I'd rather have it weighed at the post office, and pay there, just in case my scale isn't calibrated exactly the same as theirs. If mine said 2 lbs 0.1 oz and it came out to be 2 lbs at the post office, I would have overpaid and I'm not sure if you could get a refund in such a case.

I know what you mean, but I like paying on line and then using carrier pick-up, I don't think I have been to the post office in 6-7 months.

Just a note, if you under or over pay and have it picked up it is not checked once they take it to the post office so sometime it works to your advantage.:D

I use Click n ship, paypal shipping and carrier pick-up soley now, it saves me a ton of time

Just a note, if you under or over pay and have it picked up it is not checked once they take it to the post office so sometime it works to your advantage.

Oh, I didn't realize they don't check it at the post office. So what is to stop dishonest people from underpaying all the time? Especially if the difference is small (e.g. paying the 2 lb rate when the box weighs 2 lbs 1 oz instead of the 3 lb rate) and it isn't obvious unless you actually weigh it.

What I like about paypal> Customer info is already there.

What I like about click-n-chip> I have the option to pay for shipping online or at the post office. If it's close to a postage level, Mary Jane (wonderful postal clerk) weighs it & I could save a bit.

What I like about both online> free DC

btw I've had paypal shipping bug out right before the label loaded to print but I was still charged. 16 business days for a refund on that postage! I don't think I would have received a refund without following up on day 15.

Still if I had to pick a carrier it would be fed ex. Most of my packages are heavy, fed ex is less, few days delivery & immediate tracking. Your milage & carrier preference may vary :D

I use paypal shipping for everything. They do have the flat rate option on there, as well as parcel post and first class. You can print labels through there even if they didn't pay via paypal as long as you have the funds by using this link- https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Hey I never knew I could do this!! I have wanted sooo many times to use my paypal funds for postage and didn't think I could so thank you. I just got done using this link for 4 candle orders that were paid by check, it really helped me out, not being able to get to the PO with my ankle.

BUT, how do I find this link on the paypal site? I saved this link in my bookmarks but it doesn't work for some reason??? And I can't find anywhere on the site that shows this feature.

BUT, how do I find this link on the paypal site? I saved this link in my bookmarks but it doesn't work for some reason??? And I can't find anywhere on the site that shows this feature.

At the place where they show you have received payment, there is a button you can click on which says 'ship'. It is along the same line as the buyer's name.

If you have money just sitting in there not associated with any buyer, I am not sure how you would do this.

I ship it all priority mail...:D

Well if I sold 50 wicks to someone and it's only going to cost .87 to send it first class, there is no way i'm going to charge them 4.05 priorty just cause it's easier for me. I'll make the trip to the post office to make it cheaper for them. I'd like others to do the same for me, shipping is a killer for us anyway, so when it can be done by first class I'm all for it.

That was the reason I started this thread, I was looking for a way to ship parcel or first class from home. I like click n ship but they won't let me ship parcel or first class, so I'm thrilled to know that I can do it via paypal. Now, if paypal just would let me use my click n ship labels that I have I'd really be a happy camper :grin2: .

Hey I never knew I could do this!! I have wanted sooo many times to use my paypal funds for postage and didn't think I could so thank you. I just got done using this link for 4 candle orders that were paid by check, it really helped me out, not being able to get to the PO with my ankle.

I honestly don't know how to find the direct link from paypal's site. I searched for it forever after someone told me the link didn't work for them not long ago. That link to print via paypal, even if they didn't pay that way, was posted on another message board I'm on and it's always worked for me. Hope you can find a way to get it to work all the time though, it really is convenient!

I use paypal exclusively.

I like that they have media rate, BUT especially the international stuff.

If they pay for global priority I can pay and send right there, if not, I can imput the numberss and they send them off to them and track them online for me.

I also love their reports, although I don't use them as much now that I have quickbooks and use the sellers assistant.

I hate having to type all that in on click and ship.