Shamless Recycled Pillar Copy

Donita

After Top posted his beautiful recycled pillars.....I had to look around and find some mottles that were in the "I don't know what to do with these ugly candle box"......The brown ones still have a little problem. It was a large semi mottled pillar with fingernailing....really a mess. Scented Moroccan Orange Clove....so I used a white mottled reject and just the FO colored it. The next layer I added a little of the darker shade. So it got mixed with the white....which had a little more vbyar. Both of the layers are fine....but as you can see on the dark layer there is one little snowflake that popped out...more could happen as the day goes on...lol...There are some bubbles between the light and medium layer....I know how that happened....now it explains why I get bubbles in my large star molds.......raw wick! I saw the bubbles coming out so I tapped and they wouldn't go away....so I hit it with the heat gun and thought I solved it...nope...they are still there. I will always pre-wax my wicks from now on. See....any newbie reading this....after 11 years of making candles I just learned something new. The pink one was a wrecked chunk/mottle mess, scented Baccara. It came out perfect. I am happy about this because in the past I have had problems with layers looking sharp....or they broke apart or bled into each other. I was careful and the vybar gave a very shiny finish, especially to the pink one. In real life it looks like plastic. Very retro. It is pink and dark pink. Did we all learn something here? I had fun and turned some throw away wax into candles that are nice. Thanks Top.......you make me try harder to be better. Donita

post-248-139458397542_thumb.jpg